Problem involving cars.wad and frozen in certain state

Posted by neldav03 
I posted this over in the Pirelli thread, but it appears I have a bigger problem:

"Hi guys,

Got a bit of an issue. Have moved all the files into the cars.wad, yet for some reason the tyres in game are still showing up as Bridgestone. I've managed to install all of the 2013 cars (bar Williams which I can't find) and they are in game absolutely fine, but unfortunately the tyres are not.

I've used TeamEditor to force the game to switch to lod 0, but that appears to have made no difference. Any idea? Are there any files in the main cars/cars directory I need to delete?"

I tried adding some cockpits/helmets and then do the Wad update as usual and then move it over to the main directory. It appears though my Grand Prix 4 is somehow *stuck* at a certain state with the Wad.

I've moved the original cars.wad into the main directory, so the game should display 2001 cars, instead it is still display 2013 cars, hence it being *stuck* at a certain state. Operating system is Windows 8, if it helps.

Any ideas?
neldav03 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tried adding some cockpits/helmets and then do
> the Wad update as usual and then move it over to
> the main directory. It appears though my Grand
> Prix 4 is somehow *stuck* at a certain state with
> the Wad.
>
> I've moved the original cars.wad into the main
> directory, so the game should display 2001 cars,
> instead it is still display 2013 cars, hence it
> being *stuck* at a certain state. Operating system
> is Windows 8, if it helps.

LOL.
What does 'certain state' mean? (N)
klausfeldmann Wrote:
> neldav03 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I tried adding some cockpits/helmets and then
> do
> > the Wad update as usual and then move it over
> to
> > the main directory. It appears though my Grand
> > Prix 4 is somehow *stuck* at a certain state
> with
> > the Wad.
> >
> > I've moved the original cars.wad into the main
> > directory, so the game should display 2001
> cars,
> > instead it is still display 2013 cars, hence it
> > being *stuck* at a certain state. Operating
> system
> > is Windows 8, if it helps.
>
> LOL.
> What does 'certain state' mean? (N)

Not sure why the 'thumbs down'. I've updated the cars to 2013, but then wanted to update the helmets and tyres. Both of them failed to update. I then tried putting the original cars.wad in, yet found that when loading it up it was still in the '2013 state'.
can you upload your cars wad and post the link here?
quickslick Wrote:
> can you upload your cars wad and post the link
> here?

[ignore link]

Interesting:

- Running GP4 through GPxPatch brings up 2001 cars (which is 21MB)
- Running GP4 normally brings up the 'other' cars.wad as I had it before (which is ~780MB)

I've uninstalled and reinstalled GP4 and put the original cars.wad in the original place, which is how I arrived at the above result (see screenshot below) - [img803.imageshack.us]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2013 06:24PM by neldav03.
i meant the cars wad with the updated cars and tyres 2013, not the original one ;)
Ah, okay, will put it on, although will take a few hours to do so! Will be here once it is available to download - [dl.dropboxusercontent.com]
Should be fine to download now. :)
ok, i'll have a look then :)
so here's the new link for your cars wad. Please test it and let me know if it works

[www60.zippyshare.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2013 08:17PM by quickslick.
That's fixed it in GPxPatch, so thanks. :) In normal mode it is still the same as before, but can run it in GPxPatch which is the main thing.
you've inserted the complete tyres folder for medium and super soft in the cars wad and that why it won't works, The other thing is, there were still some tex files of the original cars in the cars wad and there are still the original helmetshapes and low res helmet tex files in the cars wad. So i'd suggest you to update the helemets and helmet shape with the the new ones. And what do you mean with the 'normal mode'? you should start gp4 always with gpxpatch :).
Haha, by normal mode I meant clicking on GP4.exe. Just about to install helmets now :)
ah ok :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy