Logitech rumblepad 2

Posted by WestVirginia 
Logitech rumblepad 2
Date: April 20, 2013 06:51AM
Posted by: WestVirginia
Greetings,

Recently, I became interested in formula one racing and I was messing around with F1 2012. F1 however is somewhat beyond my computer specs. Thankfully, I have found GP4.

I don't have a wheel yet but I do have a logitech rumblepad 2. Which brings me to my question: how do I get the rumblepad calibrated?

When I go to change the controller in the options menue it insists that I "calibrate" the thing. You probably know the routine. It asks me to move controller A to the far left and push the "fire" button. Which one is the fire button? It doesn't seem to matter in that all the buttons do the same thing. Only the slider bars for controller B move. I can move the sliders to the far left and right but on the third command, leave the controller in the center position and push the "fire" button, it says the calibration is aborted and the joypad's input range is too small or something like that. It forces me to use the keyboard. What's up with that?

I'm trying to run Grand Prix 4 2009 on Win7 32bit. Originally, the logitech drivers were the microsoft drivers of Win7 but I also used the drivers from the disk. I've run in XP compatibility mode and without compatibility mode.

I'm not planning an upgrade soon so F1 is not ideal for me and I'm not so committed yet as to get a wheel so, I'm open to suggestions here.

Its great to see that this game is so well supported.

Joe
Re: Logitech rumblepad 2
Date: April 20, 2013 10:07AM
Posted by: mortal
I have my dobts you could use such a device, however you could try making a custom control set. If that does not work you either get a wheel which has the x - y axis range or use the keyboard.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy