re-installing gp4, adding cars to cars.wad and the lower parts of 3 teams cars are white?

Posted by neilcaine 
I know its another white car problem but i've never had this one before. Re-installed gp4, added new cars to the cars.wad and now the cars from 3 teams have the dreaded white look - but only on the base of the car and rear - any ideas and solutions would help. Using windows xp with latest nvidia drivers for graphics card. Haven't changed anything and this problem has never happened before.
neilcaine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know its another white car problem but i've
> never had this one before. Re-installed gp4, added
> new cars to the cars.wad and now the cars from 3
> teams have the dreaded white look - but only on
> the base of the car and rear - any ideas and
> solutions would help. Using windows xp with latest
> nvidia drivers for graphics card. Haven't changed
> anything and this problem has never happened
> before.

did you install the offical patch after main installation ?
no, I've tried to install the patch before but keep getting a directx install problem. I've re-installed the game a few times and use pretty much the same cars each time but this is the first time i've had the white car problem just affecting 3 teams cars and only a certain part of the cars - it has me beat anyway!!
You'll Be missing the texture for carbon fiber, find hi_ carbfd.tex and carbfd.tex from one of your downloads, and copy to your cars wad. You May also need carbon_fongu.tex if you have any of Fongu's cars.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Thanks, I've got the problem sorted out, it was the carbfd.tex files I was misiing
im not sure if im posting this correctly as im new to the forum but as it is another white car problem maybe someone could help...

I have installed each car using easywad aftering exploring the WAD file, each car was working fine until i noticed that one of my toyota's and brawn cars were just appearing white when the other one of each colour was displaying the correct colours no matter what camera i chose

I would just like some clarification on what may be the problem for this of happened, as ive even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but the same problem persists, sorry once again if this post is in the wrong location

A quick response would be appreciated cheers
I have a similar problem, the carbon fibre sections are missing and I have no idea why! Naturally I've tried all the carbon files I can find, but still no luck. :( Worse thing is, this has happened in the middle of creating a mod, and so half the cars are still original and have white sections! And as far as I recall, the original cars.wad didn't have any carbon fibre sections :S HELP!

P.s. Hi GP_maniac, I know you wanted a quick response but 3 years ain't that bad... :P Do you still have a problem...?

"Anything can happen in Grand Prix racing, and it usually does."
"The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."
You may need to open the car lod files and see which .tex files are associated with the lod file - there should be a carbon texture with a particular name - if the file is missing from your texture files then you need to name a carbon file exactly as it is shown in gp4builder - that could solve your problem
Nopee, they're associated with carbfd.tex, which I have. :/ Just noticed that a couple of cars don't have the white parts, so I looked at them and they're also associated with the carbfd.tex file, so I don't understand how some can work and some can't! :(

Appreciate the help though :)

"Anything can happen in Grand Prix racing, and it usually does."
"The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 09:12PM by spencer4242.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy