Physics, fuel consumption, Damage

Posted by Lucas78 
Physics, fuel consumption, Damage
Date: April 05, 2013 11:04PM
Posted by: Lucas78
Hey everyone, first post in here: long time GP series fan, since the first game! :)

I would like some clarifications about the topics in the subject, and more specifically:

- Damage: I mostly use CSM mods, and I read other threads regarding adding the "Damage=X" line under the [Misc] category in CSM.ini - So, does it affect only your car or all of them?

Plus, regarding Damage.ini : I read another thread where you can modify certain values, and I tested them (well, I copy/pasted them :P) with a 1988 mod, but honestly I couldn't spot the difference. Did any of you make any progress in applying realistic and satisfying values? Or it really depends on a combination between physics, track magic data, the mod and the damage values themselves?

- So, regarding stand-alone mods. Curiously, with them, the AI seem to unrealistically run out of fuel when the race is almost over. Should I fiddle with the magic data, pit&lane editor, physics editor or is there a more straightforward method?

- Last question is somewhat connected to the last, but not only that: the .g3p physics file and CSM. I noticed that, in a subfolder of a (CSM) mod, there is the actual physics file (for example, 1988.g3p). But in GPxPatch the one selected is csmphysics.g3p. I also noticed that, when I run GPxpatch, the "real" physics file related to a specific file is moved from its location to gpxdata, so I guess that "csmphysics" is just the substitute name for the "real" file once GPx patch runs...is that right?

Thanks in advance for any clarification you might give me :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy