Camera lock for gp4 game

Posted by lalboy 
Camera lock for gp4 game
Date: February 25, 2013 02:31PM
Posted by: lalboy
Hi Guys

I am new to this forum and I just love the gp4 game and still play it eventhough it has been around for more than a decade. I would like to know if there is a camera lock for this game like the television camera so that the camera could be locked in one position and all the cars could be viewed passing by especially in the action replay mode.
Re: Camera lock for gp4 game
Date: February 25, 2013 07:23PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hi, I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for...
You mean : As if you were a virtual spectator looking at the race from a tribune ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2013 07:24PM by Lo2k.
Date: February 25, 2013 07:24PM
Posted by: Briere
From what I understand, yes
Date: February 25, 2013 08:49PM
If that's what you want, you can edit the trackside cameras to stand at a single place, but camera will follow the cars from this point of view, even if the car is at the opposite side of the track and can't see them since 1 minute...

Date: February 25, 2013 09:47PM
Posted by: Atticus.
My guess is that he wants the camera to focus on a given sector and to not follow the cars, something like the one in real life on the top of the Eau Rouge, on the outside of the last left-hander. I also wanted somthing like this when I created the cam set for my Spa 1979 track. But as far as I know this is not possible.
Date: February 25, 2013 09:50PM
Sometimes in replays, camera stops a while without moving but we haven't found the setting driving this behaviour so far...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2013 08:55PM by Lo2k.
Date: February 26, 2013 07:18AM
Posted by: Atticus.
Yes, it only does occasionally, but rather in TV director mode for me. I guess it is a percentage or likelihood value somewhere - the many many unknown values at the track cams in GP4 Builder would be an easy guess, but I think it is so easy that it was already checked. :-) So I don't know either.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy