GP4 - I'm back

Posted by stevew09 
GP4 - I'm back
Date: February 04, 2013 09:30AM
Posted by: stevew09
Hi,

After playing GP4 to death back 2002, I decided to dust down the box and re-install it on my Windows 7 64bit PC. Now its installed I was wondering the process of getting the game up-to-date. I was reading the instructions from GP4 Central, so I've downloaded GPxPatch and their 2012 data file, however they also say download ZaZ Tools, which I did from their site only to find it had a trojan horse virus in.

Do I need ZaZ to play 2012 tracks/cars etc?

Thanks for your help

Steve
Re: GP4 - I'm back
Date: February 04, 2013 09:35AM
Posted by: mortal
Zaz Tools (CSM) does not have a trojan in it. Get Zaz Tools from gp4db.com. Then from the same site download a csm mod to bring your gp4 up to date. Check the GP4FAQ on the front page of this forum for Win7 64bit installation procedure.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 04, 2013 09:41AM
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, my AVG reported ZaZ tools from GP4 central had a trojan in regchecker.exe. I tried downloading from gp4db.com but there is an "internal server error" stopping me from downloading the file :(
Date: February 04, 2013 07:34PM
Posted by: RenaultRS10
I have had the AVG antivirus and is very good, but sometimes it is very exaggerated, don't worry, that file is safe. Try to add to the ignore list.

Sorry for my bad English

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2013 07:35PM by RenaultRS10.
Date: February 04, 2013 10:01PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I installed ZaZ tools again and deleted the file Regcheck.exe in the dll folder as AVG keeps saying it's a tojan.

So, I've installed v9.6 of gp4.exe and just got it running on win 7 64 bit, so I did a quick 3 lap quick race :-D

So to bring it up to date I installed GPxPatch and then ran CSM. I downloaded the 2012 mod from GP4contral, all seemed to work but most of the cars are just white. Any help much appricated

Looking forwarded to getting racing again :-)

Thanks

Steve
Date: February 04, 2013 10:19PM
Just looked at the faqs, so will try changing texture setting to high Res.
Date: February 04, 2013 11:08PM
Posted by: TomMK
Hi stevew09. Thanks for downloading the 2012 Mod from GP4 Central.

ZaZ Tools doesn't contain a virus, it's a known issue that some AV checkers flag ZaZ Tools but I assure you there's nothing to worry about.

And to get rid of the "white cars" problem, you must simply edit the first line of your f1graphics.cfg file like this:

1			; f1graphics.cfg controls all settings (default 0)

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: February 05, 2013 08:12PM
Thanks for the update Tom, so far 2012 set looks good :-) However have noticed that the menus are as per 2012 season, but the tracks have not updated, so Abu Dhabi track in the menu is still the indianapolis track when in the game racing.

I'll check the FAQ section

Steve
Date: February 05, 2013 11:40PM
Posted by: TomMK
There are no tracks in the GP4 Central 2012 Mod, it is a Carset Mod only. I should maybe make this clearer on the site...

You need to add tracks separately. The best can be found at GP4 Forever.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: February 06, 2013 10:11AM
Posted by: philjonez
Hi all, sorry to go off topic ....but I'm new here and very stuck!

I used to play GP1 and 2 but have been away from gaming for a long time. I've managed to run GP4 but slowley and the program crashed after four or five laps.

What I'm looking for is the spec of a pc that will run this game in its origional form at full speed, I am able to build it myself but configuring the soft stuff might be a bridge too far.

I only want this pc to run GP4 so if its best under 98 thats cool.

I'm in Cheshire UK
Date: February 06, 2013 10:39AM
Posted by: mortal
This is not your thread. Any gaming pc will run GP4, and no-one runs it in its original form. Everyone these days uses mods to bring it up to date. When you say under 98 do you mean under 98 euros? You might get a motherboard for that! Get a rig with Win7, a graphics card with a minimum 1GB on board and you're in business.
If you have any more questions start your own topic please.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 06, 2013 11:11AM
Posted by: philjonez
Mortal: I ment win98. Your answer was no help at all, well done
Date: February 06, 2013 05:25PM
Thanks Tom,

I'll try the link, ooh, it's in Spanish :-)
Date: February 08, 2013 07:46PM
Posted by: Rico
philjonez Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mortal: I ment win98. Your answer was no help at
> all, well done

Now, thats not very nice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Date: February 11, 2013 11:35PM
Posted by: Stoopid
Rico Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> philjonez Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mortal: I ment win98. Your answer was no help
> at
> > all, well done
>
>
> Now, thats not very nice.

I was thinking the same thing.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy