GP4 Problem

Posted by andrewgriffiths78 
GP4 Problem
Date: January 25, 2013 01:25PM
Posted by: andrewgriffiths78
Got a little problem with GP4 I would like some help with because I've always thought GP4 is the best F1 game. The problem I am having is regarding the official patch and no cd patch. Basically what happened prior was that I used wadupdater to insert 2012 cars into the game, but because they didn't work very well (some white cars and some didn't show), I reverted back to the default 2001 cars. Now since then, I've had white Ferrari cars and white parts of other cars too (eg white McLaren diffusers). So in my ultimate wisdom, I reinstalled the game and I noticed that although it installs fine and the GPxPatch installs fine, when I apply the official patch, I get the message 'GP4 is already updated' and when I try to apply either the 1.02 no cd patch or the 9.6 no cd patch, I still get the white Ferrari cars and other white car parts. Whenever I've uninstalled the game before reinstalling, I've used the control panel, and selected Grand Prix 4 for installation and after that, deleting the Infogrames folder where its installed and used regedit to delete any entries by searching 'infogrames'. Upon reinstalling, the order goes... install GP4, GPxPatch, official patch, no cd patch.... and the same thing happens. It all works fine out of the box prior to apply any patches, but I'd like to use the GP4edit program as I don't like having my car power fixed by default and I like to alter drivers abilities as well as car power and failure rate to my own liking. I should also state that when I attempt to install the game against, it doesn't say 'install GP4', it says 'uninstall/reinstall GP4' which leads me to believe that when I uninstall GP4, its not completely cleaned off and whats left on could be the cause. I must add that I still get the problem with the graphics settings all on high.

While I am here, I want to ask that do I need GP4edit for what I want?. All I want is a good challenge with GP4 while using GPcareer so that if I am racing in a Minardi, it will be realistic in that I won't be challenging a top 6 spot or top 8 spot, I won't have the fixed car power by default but car power team dependent instead so if I drive a Minardi, it will lap much slower than if I drove a Ferrari or McLaren. Will an unpatched GP4 straight out the box with GPxPatch added with car power team dependent ticked with a text perfomance file do this for me?. Or is it better if I find a solution to my white cars/car part problem and apply the official patch with the no cd patch and use GP4edit?. I hope someone can help as before the problem occured, I had my GT Pro wheel set up, GP4 booted up and I could play this thing deep into the night and thru to the following morning lol.

Thanks,
Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2013 01:36PM by andrewgriffiths78.
Re: GP4 Problem
Date: January 25, 2013 02:47PM
Posted by: mortal
The answers to your question are in the GP4FAQ (pinned topic).

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: GP4 Problem
Date: January 25, 2013 02:52PM
Posted by: andrewgriffiths78
Okay, thank you. I will scoot on over and have a read of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy