Good physics file?

Posted by Pont 
Good physics file?
Date: December 01, 2012 09:18AM
Posted by: Pont
waht physics file do you recommend, i'm playing with a keyboard with braking help on....:-O
Re: Good physics file?
Date: December 01, 2012 12:10PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
My first recommendation: disable breaking help ;-).
After that it is quite equal which physics you use, it's more a question of personal style.

I love sliding like the old F1 cars did, so I use a physics with very low grip. That makes it very difficult to drive, especially in the wet. It's great!
With the official 2012er physics for GP4 50% of the corners are flatout.

So it's your choice.
Date: December 01, 2012 02:21PM
My first recommendation: disable breaking help .

It's almost impossible playing with a keyboard without braking help...do you play with a keyboard?

cheers
Pont
Date: December 01, 2012 02:39PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Pont Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My first recommendation: disable breaking help .
>
> It's almost impossible playing with a keyboard
> without braking help...do you play with a
> keyboard?
>
> cheers
> Pont

I play with keyboard and I have no issues with manual brakes. I mean, come on, even then you still only need to steer and pedal. I really consider turning off auto gears for the sake of realism. Also switching to a wheel, because the digital nature of the keyboard limits possibilities so much. Even with TC and steering help on and the excellent aids the programme has. I mean GP4 is really the only sim I tried which can be really driven well with keyboard. Every other needs a wheel. NR2003 and GPL is reasonably well-manageable with keyboard as well.

So, yeah, you can definitely switch of auto brakes. But do turn on TC and steering help, they help you a lot.

In terms of physics, I play with the original physics mostly as I use an untouched game to test my tracks. I'm fine with it, although I too can imagine the new 2011-2012 physics likely have so much more downforce.
Date: December 01, 2012 07:27PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Pont schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My first recommendation: disable breaking help .
>
> It's almost impossible playing with a keyboard
> without braking help...do you play with a
> keyboard?

I played since release of Grand Prix 2 until 2011 with keyborad and without braking help --> no problem ;-).

There is nothing better than braking too late, but nevertheless getting the corner right.
And I think that's what the whole game is about.

But - of course - it is your decison to enable/disable driving aids you want.

But... don't get me wrong... but what difference would a new physics make, when the computer brakes for you...?
Date: December 02, 2012 12:56AM
Posted by: phantaman
dude ... I always knew that (KEYBOARD STEERING HELP DISABLER in gp4tweaker) there is no possibility of determining (in percentage) the pressure required on a key of a keyboard as on a wheel.
is 100% or nothing ... then I would say that without this help is almost impossible to drive, because already tested before.

unless you want to experience how it is run on its axis in a curve ;-)

and is not necessary to leave the brakes on automatic. unless you enjoy driving ROOKIE mode... the difficulty in ACE mode is the biggest challenge and satisfaction as well (Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: December 02, 2012 02:21AM
Posted by: Briere

2005 physics and performance file, driven with keyboard. So yes, it's very feasible
Date: December 02, 2012 01:07PM
can you send this physics file to me Briere? i will give it a try...(H)
Date: December 02, 2012 05:07PM
Posted by: Briere
Check your PMs :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy