GPI BROWSER question

Posted by Pont 
GPI BROWSER question
Date: November 19, 2012 10:10PM
Posted by: Pont
i tried to replace a teamart in gpi browser but i get following message
Sorry but gpi browser can't read rle encoded tga files??
How can i solve this problem?
Re: GPI BROWSER question
Date: November 20, 2012 07:44PM
Posted by: Stoopid
Have you tried using slimtex?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: November 20, 2012 09:36PM
yes i did
Date: November 21, 2012 08:41PM
ok i solved this problem but i now have another question
how can i make the background of a teamart invisible like in the original teamart of gp4?
Date: November 21, 2012 08:53PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
You have to edit the images that way ;-). Over at GP4forever there is a good tutorial about that.

[gp4forever.com]
Date: November 21, 2012 09:44PM
thanks but it's in spanish....:-o
Date: November 21, 2012 10:04PM
I think the images are quite self-explanatory ;).
--> You just have to erase the parts of the image that should be invisible. You will need a good image-programm for that. I recommend Paint.Net or GIMP. They are both as good as Photoshop but they are for free ;-).
Date: November 21, 2012 10:40PM
[imageshack.us]

i now have paint net but to be honest i have no idea how to start with this bmp file
Date: November 21, 2012 10:55PM
Wait until tomorrow, then I can explain it for you ;-).
Date: November 22, 2012 01:55PM
Here is a short tutorial about gridcar-editing with Paint.Net.
I'm sure you can do this with every other good image-software as well.

1. Open your gridcar-image with Paint.Net.

2. I'm no expert in gridcars but it looks like as we have to switch the image horizontal and vertical here.

3. Then in Paint.Net there is a great feature called 'Zauberstab' (Engl.: 'magic wand', I'm sure in your language will also be a crazy word for it). With this feature you can mark a complete object by only one click. So here click the blue backround and press 'delete' on your keyboard. Paint.Net divides this image into two parts so you have to do this for the upper and the lower blue backround.

Explanation:
The more contrast you have in an image the better it is for this 'magic' feature. If contrast is too low or too high, try to change the tolerance-option above, use the rubber or make a manual mask (all options are greem-marked).
And don't worry: The chequered backround simply means that you have a 100%-transparency at that part of the image.

4. The result should look like this:

Just save it and use GPI-browser to bring it in-game.

Kind regards
Klaus Feldmann
Date: November 22, 2012 09:40PM
thanks. i will give it a try!:-)
Date: November 24, 2012 06:50PM
Klaus,

Paint.Net divides this image into two parts so you have to do this for the upper and the lower blue backround. I managed to do this but when i try to save file the background is white io blue. It's not transparent?
Date: November 24, 2012 07:14PM
That's crazy, actually PNG supports tranparency...
But I also have had this issue sometimes. (Especially in thumbnails) the former backround still appeares, although it should be impossible because of the transparency. But finally in the result it allways worked for me.

I guess it could be a problem with the file formats (png/jpg/gif/...) but I don't know. My favourite format is GIF.

If it doesn't work with GPI-Browser I'm sorry fot that. I really don't know a solution here.
Date: November 24, 2012 07:52PM
i find the solution, i saved the file as PNG file and now the background is transparent.
Date: November 24, 2012 07:59PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy