teameditor and gp4 tweaker

Posted by Pont 
teameditor and gp4 tweaker
Date: October 08, 2012 07:47PM
Posted by: Pont
i presently use teameditor, i think this programm is very useful. it's very easy to insert team names, driver names, positions and team perfomances. i like the performance calculator!
unfortunately it's not possible to insert different coordinates per team...that's the only reason why i would like to use gp4 tweaker...
is it possible to use both in the game? as i said i like the performance calculator of teameditor.
is this also possible with gp4 tweaker?
and how do i insert coordinates in gp4 tweaker?
Re: teameditor and gp4 tweaker
Date: October 08, 2012 09:11PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Pont Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and how do i insert coordinates in gp4 tweaker?

If your using CSM it's in the relevant car/team ini file, the location depends on the folder structure of the CSM mod.

F1Dev
Date: October 08, 2012 09:16PM
no i am not using csm, i'making my own game without using csm.
Date: October 08, 2012 09:33PM
Ah right then , look for a gp4tweak folder after you install tweaker, in there ( i think) there are folders with ini's in them it's either a cars ini or the car numbers ini.

It's all stupidly complicated and not written down anywhere, recipe for confusion ;-)

F1Dev
Date: October 08, 2012 09:39PM
it's indeed very complicated gp4 tweaker....
Date: October 08, 2012 11:37PM
Posted by: TomMK
Tweaker isn't that complicated, you just have to look in the folders and in the text files and work out what each file does. For example, tyre positions are in the tyrepos.ini file.

For anyone trying to build their own mod I really recommend building a CSM mod from an empty template, it's much easier and more customisable.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: October 09, 2012 12:08AM
OK not complicated but annoyingly fiddly, What i meant was gp4 needs a front end, a nice shiny GUI that handles all the files and info for you.
Say you have an empty CSM mod installed, instead of chasing around folders and ini's it was all in one easy to navigate front end, most heavily modded games have them ;-)
I don't code , so i wouldn't know where to start.

F1Dev
Date: October 09, 2012 06:49AM
TomMK Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tweaker isn't that complicated, you just have to
> look in the folders and in the text files and work
> out what each file does. For example, tyre
> positions are in the tyrepos.ini file.
>
> For anyone trying to build their own mod I really
> recommend building a CSM mod from an empty
> template, it's much easier and more customisable.

I'm not creating a mod via csm, i''m making my own game without using csm. Lately all new cars made have their own tyre positions and then it's no longer possible to use teameditor unfortunately (in teameditor all cars have the same
tyre positions). This means i stick with teameditor and do not use the lastest cars in my game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy