Grand Prix 4 imac

Posted by WilliamsF1fan 
Grand Prix 4 imac
Date: September 05, 2012 07:31PM
Posted by: WilliamsF1fan
Hi I've just brought a iMac can you get grand prix 4 to work on this machine if so how

Kind Regards

Craig
Re: Grand Prix 4 imac
Date: September 05, 2012 08:29PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
WilliamsF1fan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi I've just brought a iMac can you get grand prix
> 4 to work on this machine if so how
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Craig

Yes and No. Yes, you can get it working, but no you can't if you havent installed windows via bootcamp. It won't run on the mac OS. I have an iMac also and I run GP4 through a bootcamped windows partition.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: September 05, 2012 10:54PM
and what does the bootcamp actually do the iMac?
Date: September 06, 2012 10:03AM
Posted by: mortal
Set a partition on your HDD where you install Windows XP (as GP4 prefers that environment) and when you start your imac bootcamp will ask you which OS you wish to start. For GP4 and a collection of mods a 50GB partition may be adequate, although if your mac HDD is big enough, more is good. When you install XP it will ask you where you wish to install it, for example your partition may be Drive (E). Really quite simple. Google setting up a windows partition on a mac.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 07, 2012 12:59AM
thanks for your help :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy