CSM problem! [fixed]

Posted by mick100 
CSM problem! [fixed]
Date: March 24, 2012 11:33AM
Posted by: mick100
HI! I can't get CSM to work with gp4.Everytime I try it comes up with the error message install gpx patch first-when it is allready installed????I have gone to the csm config ini and made sure the path is correct but still no joy.
Any help would be great-thanks!!

ps:I am trying to mod gp4 to 1988 season.Any other way I can do it without CSM?would be helpful!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2012 10:38PM by mortal.
Re: CSM problem!
Date: March 24, 2012 01:36PM
Posted by: mortal
Curious, run GP4 first on its own, with gpx. Then try it again. Also start CSM in admin mode.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 24, 2012 05:35PM
Thanks Mortal for reply.My fault (bang my head against the wall) had not realised I had uninstalled zaz tools a while ago but it was still in my uninstall list so it through me:-o
I have re installed and all is ok.But installed 1988 mod all files from here.The mod loads ok but when I drive it is very very slow?Also if I go to certain tracks lets say silverstone it goes to a completely different track?
Thanks again and any more help would be cool!!!
Date: March 24, 2012 10:39PM
Posted by: mortal
The tracks require a track.ini. This is located in the Tracks directory. Make sure it exists. Mod slow? Computer config fault, post specs. Try with lower lods.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: March 25, 2012 08:32PM
Hi Mortal.I installed the 88 track pack from here and installed it with Tsm.I noticed in my gp4-88 folder(seperate to my standard gp4 folder) directory I have now a circuits folder with the original gp4 track dat files and a Tracks folder with the config ini and excuse my poor file talk but yellow folders which are A1 ring to Suzuka and wadache?inside is a 1988 folder and then dat and tex files.Do these tex files need to be put in a wad?and all the info unpacked and placed correctly!

Regarding the slowness I lowered the frame rate ingame and the texture resolution in csm but no joy.Maybe it is something to do with the updates from the site with tonys 88 mod like the lotus and larousse updates which I have put in.

My pc is a laptop with nvidia ge force go 7300 dedicated graphics,vista os,1022 memory,Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73GHz processor,32bit and direct x11.I have no problems running gp4,gp3 and 2k as well as grand prix legends and the ea sports f1 games like 99-02 challenge.

Thanks again for your help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2012 08:34PM by mick100.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy