Shadows underneath cars

Posted by SkaaningeN 
Shadows underneath cars
Date: March 20, 2012 04:40AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I tried out SchueyFans 2011 Melbourne track which he updated the textures on TTMs track.

I noticed (like in some other tracks I've used) that the shadows underneath the cars disapears in the trackcam view in the middle of the corners.
Is there a way to fix this? In the 2007 (or 2008, not sure) update, the shadows does not disapear

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Re: Shadows underneath cars
Date: March 20, 2012 07:17AM
Posted by: ColdBlood
I had the same problem from Melbourne & Spa. Fortunately, I have gotten a fixed Spa 2010 from drt01 and the issue was solved. I really don't know what he did, but you can contact him and ask him because he might know how to fix the shadow issue of Melbourne 2011.

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Date: March 20, 2012 08:46AM
Posted by: xandy
following the info from GP4Builder's manual the shadow issue should be due to fact that *.dat, *.gp4, *.col, *track.bin are out of sync
for painting of track objects (and for some car behavior) GP4 uses the col and track.bin as a kind of quick lockup table
tracks which were updated many times over the years can have edited track objects (*.gp4) and then a *.col made from this *.gp4 (GP4Builder function) that doesn't work well with track.bin/*.dat

imho to fix the problem can be a lot of work - even with all the help GP4Builder gives there will be much tedious mouse pushing to get it all right again - drt01 did a very very good job with Spa 2011 to achieve this

a hot fix can be to build a *.col file from the *.dat of the track
as the *.dat doesn't know anything about material behavior this *.col will have no information about gravel/hard surfaces etc - you have to edit the col by hand

I've uploaded a handmade, surely not perfect *.col/track_bin combo for Melbourne 2011 by schueyfan with better car shadows - give it a try

[www.mediafire.com]
Date: March 20, 2012 01:47PM
that was more complicated than I hoped! :-o

well, Im just gonna figure out where the files you've uploaded are supposed to be

thanks for the answers :)

Date: March 20, 2012 06:01PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, first thing is to try to reexport the .col from the .dat. If new .col is not fixing the trouble, then it will be some more hard work.

Date: March 20, 2012 07:14PM
I accually tried the .col file from the 2008 update of the same track and it worked :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy