Problem after re-installing CSM

Posted by ricktworick1 
Problem after re-installing CSM
Date: February 18, 2012 10:12PM
Posted by: ricktworick1
My laptop got stuck yesterday when CSM GpXPatch was opened on DTM 2005 mod and the only thing I could have done was to restart.

After restarting, CSM could not restore any files so I had to re-install ZAZ Tools.

Now in every mod, I am getting sounds from DTM 2005 mod, no matter which mod I am using. How to fix that?
Re: Problem after re-installing CSM
Date: February 18, 2012 11:00PM
Posted by: mortal
I would think that the sounds are enabled in gpx somehow. You could delete that mod and retest, then re-install it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 19, 2012 11:41AM
This did not help at all, everything stayed the same.
Date: February 19, 2012 01:12PM
Posted by: mortal
Download a clean cars.wad from my files, click my sig.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 24, 2012 06:39PM
Now there's a new problem

Every mod runs fine, except for DTM 2005 one. It can't swap files now so I am unable to start this mod.
Date: February 25, 2012 12:12AM
Posted by: n00binio
as you said csm didn't restore the original files properly. i guess some files from the dtm mod (eg the sounds) remained in your gp4 installation. so you had a partially modified gp4 and an incomplete dtm mod. imho the best solution would be to reinstall both gp4 and the dtm mod.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: February 25, 2012 12:41PM
I think I can live without a mod I barely used ;p
Different sounds could also be fine.
I think case is not fixed, but kind of closed for me :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy