new dry tread

Posted by Caelen 
new dry tread
Date: October 04, 2003 05:58PM
Posted by: Caelen
i made a new dry tread from scratch using a photo, unfortunately i cant find any good close ups of tyres in hires pictures, if anyone knows where please point me in the right direction.

anyway heres my first attempt at a photo modified tyre tread

[www.users.bigpond.com]

Post Edited (10-05-03 01:00)
Re: new dry tread
Date: October 05, 2003 04:39AM
Posted by: JPM
They look a lot better than your other ones. Well Done!

Cheers
JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

"Nobody has ever completed the perfect lap" -Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: October 05, 2003 04:57AM
Posted by: Madman271
Calelen, the lightmap look like not mapped correctly. Or did you take screenshot from different angle that causing light reflected from the treads cannot be seen?

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: October 05, 2003 05:36AM
Posted by: ViperF1
@Caelen
Filp the texture will be better

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: October 05, 2003 08:50AM
Posted by: shatonska
ciao caelen , i use you tyres but i thinck you could better the bbs , to me they are light blue not white or silver
ciao
Date: October 06, 2003 12:10AM
Posted by: Caelen
not sure exactly what you mean madman about lightmap. but i think the problem is trying to find a base photo without obvious lighting. the tyre picture i used had much lighting on inside of tyre. all i did was modify the image into a square shape and add a modifies version to the alpha. if i remove highlights from the image and only have thm in the alpha channel it will probably look better.
Date: October 06, 2003 02:58AM
Posted by: ViperF1
I suggest you doing so
Make a layer and put the old tread in it , and make a new layout , put the new one in it , then put two sides of the new one by gradual section , that will fit better.

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy