GP4 Problems---PLEASE HELP (new gpx_error log posted 6/9)

Posted by rpuddle 
Hi guys,
Hoping someone can help. I bought a new PC, almost 100% to get GP4 working with everything to the MAX. Sods law.... it doesnt work with my new PC. The computer is as follows...
Dual core duo 3.0ghz
4gb DDR2 RAM
Geforce 8800GTX 768mb
Vista (Think 64 bit)
When the game has installed and you click on the gp4.exe it loads to a black screen where you can move the mouse cursor but the background stays black and nothing happens. The game stops loading and nothing happens. Once I did a full restall and it did load, only to crash upon trying to load a circuit (it sent me straight to the desktop) I have tryed all sorts of different GP4.exe's and tryed running the program in XP compatibility mode to no avail. I am literally tearing my hair out as GP4 is my fav game next to Richard Burns Rally. Any ideas would be appreaciated, i'm starting to think the game is just not compatible with my Geforce card!
Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2008 10:17AM by mortal.
Re: GP4 Problems---PLEASE HELP
Date: July 21, 2008 10:51PM
Posted by: Monza972
Hiya Rich

Try to reinstall the game in this order

Install GP4
Install GPxPatch, latest one available here
Install the GP4 Decrypted exe availble here
Start the game and see if it works, if it doesn't then post the GPxPatch log.

Hope that helps :)

M
Date: July 21, 2008 10:53PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hi rpuddle!

Don't worry! Your configuration is good to play with GP4, your graphic card also!
First of all, did you install a clean gp4 game following this order?

1- GP4 game
2- Official patch 9.6
3- GP4.exe decrypted
4- GPxpatch

Edit: well, it seems that someone has answered before me! ;)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2008 10:57PM by Excalibur.
Date: July 21, 2008 10:55PM
Posted by: rpuddle
Hang on guys. Will post back in about a half hour. Recently i've just been throwing lots of different files at the game to try and make it work. I will do a complete step by step restall and if it still fails, i'll post the log!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2008 10:59PM by rpuddle.
Date: July 21, 2008 11:20PM
Ok. Have re downloaded all the GPXpatch and decrypted files and done a complete restall of GP4. Upon start-up it still does the exact same thing of going to a black screen. There is no error log that comes up because it stays at the black screen and wont respond unless I ctrl+alt+delete it and stop the process with task manager! So cant put the log on here either :(.
I read somewhere about it conflicting with a printer driver, could that be the problem?
Really confused and losing hope!
Date: July 21, 2008 11:41PM
ok scratch that... after downloading another graphics.cfg file and fiddling slightly with GPXpatch.. the game works!!! And also runs like a dream! For the first time on this machine! Awesome, thanks guys. Now i've got to start updating the game with some mods... I used to do this up untill afew years with GP3 and have completely forgotten.. could someone point me in the right direction for programs etc to update seasons.
Date: July 21, 2008 11:44PM
(post deleted)...Enjoy the game now! ;)

Edit: For mods and updates, take a look on these sites:
GP4db.com
GP4 World
Racing on the edge
GP4Italia
GP4Facile
...etc...

Look on this site too for the work in progress and released cars, tracks, mods, MISC etc.. There are links to download many released stuff!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2008 11:59PM by Excalibur.
Date: July 22, 2008 09:14AM
Posted by: msater
also www.racesimulations.com

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 22, 2008 03:33PM
Posted by: Monza972
glad to hear it worked mate :)

enjoy the game :)
Date: August 18, 2008 02:33PM
Posted by: broders
hmmm i am also having this problem. what graphics.cfg did you download?

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: August 18, 2008 02:44PM
Ask rpuddle for the graphic.cfg file...

Date: August 18, 2008 05:14PM
Hi broders. For the life of me i cant remember where I downloaded the graphics file. If you PM or leave me your email here I will email you the copy of my file and you can try that if you like.
Date: August 18, 2008 06:43PM
Posted by: broders
after trying a few i had a break and tried a few more and one worked so panic over. thanks anyway :)

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: August 30, 2008 01:37PM
Posted by: JHZ
Hello i'am new here i following this treath.
I have also the problem that i found my GP4 CD-rom again and would play it as last for the good times.
I had a computer pentium III with windows 98 and the game worked! Not perfect but it worked.
Precent Time 2 computers later, i have a very faster computer (playing call of Duty4 everyting on High) downloading the GP4 cd rom installation works perfectly but..... if i want to race he loads and than he loses me and the connection with the game is lost??????????
P.s. i have windows XP

Can anyone help me in simpel answers so i can understand it to solve this problem.
o,ja sorry for my poor english i'am from Holland.

Greetings Jaco
Date: August 30, 2008 02:56PM
Posted by: mortal
Do the installation in the correct order, outlined in the second post by Monza972 in this thread.
Set the gp4.exe to run in Win98 compatibility mode (right click & set the properties). Test.
If fail:
Disable hyperthreading in the bios. (Google for assistance if you do not understand this). Test.
If fail: Set cpu to 0 in gpx_patch, also set verbosity to high. Test.
If gpx_patch outputs an error log on any GP4 fail, create a new thread in this forum, called 'gpx_patch error log' and copy-paste the contents of the error log. If the log is too large to post in one, upload the error log and provide a download link, if you cannot find an upload host, post the log in separate posts in the new thread.
Please try to be specific when describing your problem, examples: dumps to black screen, but I hear sound, or crashes when I use esc key. All information you give us, including your system specs (cpu-ram-graphics card) can be useful to help solve your problem. That should keep you amused for a while. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 30, 2008 03:56PM
Thanks Mortal,

I have allready tried to run it in windows 98 mode and windows 2000 it failed!

I describe for you exectly whats going on: If i want to play/race the game he will load under the cirquit picture halfway than it stopped loading and bring me back to the desktop windows XP.
I can start the game again double click GP4 logo and he goes to the normal menu, and click for example quickrace he will fail again. :(
Date: August 31, 2008 08:10AM
Have you installed gpx_patch? If not, do so, then post the error log.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 01, 2008 03:21PM
How i will become the gpx_patch?
Date: September 02, 2008 12:15AM
There is a link in the GP4FAQ (sticky topic at the top of this the forum front page) to download it.

Date: September 03, 2008 09:34AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr NOTHING is working but......... i know what is going on.
I have packed my old computer and he is also not working on this one he even won't install the game. So i think this cd rom have a error.
I buy today a other one from internet.

Greetings jaco
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy