I want to make a track

Posted by AJ05 
I want to make a track
Date: October 21, 2011 12:18PM
Posted by: AJ05
Hi Guys!
I'm a relative newcomer to GP4, but i saw a post Maverick put up a while ago about maing tracks. Unfortunately, I can't access his tutorial, so I want to ask if anyone can either PM or give me another link to building a track. Also, before that, could someone please tell me ALL the programs I need to make the DATs, WADs, and so on. Much appreciated if someone could; the reward in return, hopefully if I get a response, will be a fictional circuit.

P.S. Although I have final exams on now, don't hesitate to reply; this is my form of relaxation. Also, to all the Sydney-siders, or Australians in general, I'm planning to build a fictional circuit around Parramatta. Again, all help is greatly appreciated.

P.S.S. My time is Sydney-time, so to all those in Europe, please take into account our time differences hot
Re: I want to make a track
Date: October 21, 2011 01:24PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Here is Maverick's 'How to build a track in 60 minutes' tutorial
[www.mediafire.com]

You just need GP4 Builder to create the technical side of the track ([realgpx.com]).

Then, you can use EasyWad to manage the wad files, as part of ZaZ Tools: ([gp4db.com])

This is all you actually need, but you may want some sort of paint editing software for textures and some software to build 3D objects.

Good luck for your HSC if those are the exams you're referring to!

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2011 01:24PM by SchueyFan.
Date: October 21, 2011 01:25PM
Posted by: AJ05
Thank you very much! By the way, any personal recommendations for the 3D editing software? I have Photoshop already, so that's the image editing bit.
Date: October 21, 2011 04:01PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
No, I don't know much about 3D editing.

Building 3D objects isn't essential, you can import them from other tracks or other software (such as Google Sketch-Up).

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy