Nice wee improvement for me!

Posted by JackieStewart 
Nice wee improvement for me!
Date: October 02, 2003 07:15PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Heres one.
There's times for me when GP4 is about as good as I think I can get it but then I hit some corner somewhere on sometrack, maybe behind a few other cars and it drops and splutters a bit. I chck the PO and its hitting 130 or more. Pish.
BUT........
I was farting around with the graphics config and I tried 848 x 480 in the resolution line. Well bugger me 6 ways 'till Tuesday! It's a bloody amazing "widescreen" setting with a MASSIVE drop in PO but keeping the "feeling" of the game there.
If anyone else gets performance hits or just wants to squeeze a bit more performance out of the game. Try this.

Jackie.

P.S. In the track camera mode, it's not as Monitorscreen like and more T.V.'ish.

....................I quite like this now.
Re: Nice wee improvement for me!
Date: October 02, 2003 07:35PM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
good one Jackie, I played with the f1graphics.cfg file myself too, and got some good performance improvement!!!! :)

P.S.: I miss the "GP4 Sheep" thread.... it was so funny, start another thread like that, pls!!!!! hahahhaha.....

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: October 03, 2003 02:28AM
Yeh, nice one.
I've tried the most of the "normal" resolution settings and I've not been impressed much but this one works well. You might need to tinker with your actual screen controls on the monitor to get it to "fit" the screen but its well worth it. It's just so smooth and it keeps the detail right up there.

Date: October 03, 2003 10:18AM
yeah, what´s your PC specs????

Date: October 03, 2003 12:36PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
" Well bugger me 6 ways 'till Tuesday! "

lmao! ;)

Date: October 03, 2003 12:38PM
Posted by: norseS4
Hell yeah, that's the best expression so far today!!!!

Date: October 03, 2003 01:21PM
Specs....
P3 (1500), Geforce 3 ti200, 256ram, eh.....some other stuff too but nothing too mad.
Whos round is it anyway?

Date: October 03, 2003 01:28PM
just wanted to see how fast is yours compared to mine, as I would like to try your f1graphics.cfg if you permitted sir!!!! :)

but mine is slower, AMD 1200MHZ, 64MBram (I fell embarased) and a 16MB Voodoo 3D video card!!!! ;)

Date: October 03, 2003 05:56PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Wow!! Looked a bit streched at first :| But after re-jigging the screen settings around, the wide screen effect looked brilliant!! :D and my PO was down to 40!!! :-o Car Cameras are a bit knackered and will need some tweaking :| But its got potential! :D

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: October 04, 2003 08:59PM
Hey, Its not mine mate. It's nothing to do with mods etc. Go on. This could be the simplest tweak going to get more out of GP4 - unless that is if you've got a big Alienware rig or something!

Sorry to hear about Jacques V. He's been doing nothing lately but he's still an ex-champ.

Date: October 04, 2003 09:02PM
@ Ian. Stick with it 'cos it's really worth it. Its hard going back to old res's after you've been playing on this setting and it works.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy