Windows 7 Question

Posted by ShadowXx 
Windows 7 Question
Date: September 17, 2011 10:59PM
Posted by: ShadowXx
Hey Guys,

Just about to get GP4 ready to install on my Computer but before I do Ive got some questions :)

Ive recently had Windows 7 put on my computer, will their be any problems? If there are any and there are some fixes for them please let me know :)

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2011 02:52AM by ShadowXx.
Re: Windows 7 Question
Date: September 18, 2011 03:12AM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Just to get this straight, did you have Win7 installed or do you still have it installed. And if so, 32 or 64 Bit? And if not anymore, which version did you have and what OS do you have now?

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: September 18, 2011 01:30PM
Ive got Windows 7 installed now and its 64 bit :)
Date: September 18, 2011 01:41PM
Posted by: Excalibur
GP4 works fine on Windows 7, 64 bits.

All what you have to do is to follow these steps:
1- Install the game
2- Install the official patch 6.9
3- Install GP4nocd ( at this step, launch the game once and save) Note: if you are running under Win7, click right on your GP4.exe/ properties/compatibility/ compatibility with winXP or win 98 and tick the box "run as administrator";) before to launch the game.
4- Install GPxPatch

You will find more informations and links into the GP4 faq: [www.grandprixgames.org]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: September 18, 2011 03:04PM
Exactly, I recently installed it on a Win7 64Bit, too, and it worked perfectly fine. I didn't even have to launch once after the nocd patch. It is, however, important to use the compatibility mode, WinXP is absolutely fine for that. Without using the compatibility mode, the game will crash or even don't start at all.

Date: September 18, 2011 03:11PM
Ahhh Thanks guys Really appreciate it :D
Date: September 18, 2011 10:29PM
Ive got most of it working now :) Just one question, For some Reason the Graphics seem to be low definition, I realise its a problem with the resolution but no matter how much I change it it wont seem to look more High Definition! Can someone help?
Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2011 11:41PM by ShadowXx.
Date: September 19, 2011 12:58AM
I hope TomMK doesn't mind me citing him here from another post:

TomMK schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You edit the first 3 lines of f1graphics.cfg as
> follows:
>
>
> 1 ; f1graphics.cfg controls all settings (default 0)
> 1920 ; Game 3D Horizontal Resolution
> 1080 ; Game 3D Vertical Resolution
>
>
> The GP4 menu will be at a very low resolution when
> you load the game, don't worry about this. The
> menu cannot scale to custom resolutions, but
> in-game it can.

This should solve your problem. Simply change the values to what you'd like to have the resolution.

Date: September 19, 2011 12:59AM
Thanks John You've helped me a bunch! Couldnt thank you enough :)
Date: September 19, 2011 01:06AM
You're very welcome. Always a pleasure to make somebody have fun again with good old GP4 :-)

Date: September 19, 2011 01:40AM
I like it, Mainly for the modding side of things but having a full blown GP is nice when the car handles good :) Ive just found out my Screens max resolution is only 1280x1024, pretty good but cant go any higher than that otherwise the game goes off. Think Ive got another monitor hanging around somewhere that goes higher, that never really had any problems when I used it before so hopefully that will sort things out :D One thing that confuses me about this game is that sometimes you are fairly quick but other times your really slow, I can only assume thats down to the Performance file or possibly the set-up but even when I tweak that, Im still pretty slow lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy