*PLEASE READ*

Posted by JonVic 
*PLEASE READ*
Date: September 30, 2003 06:01PM
Posted by: JonVic
Until recently i was running an unpatched version of gp4. I had built up a good cars.wad but found texture problems with some cars. I was told to install the official patch cause my problems were down to the cockpitdamage.tex file. I did this and the problems went away. Great i thought:)

However i have had to uninstall gp4 due to some probs.

I reinstalled gp4 and put my cars.wad that i had saved into the game, but now i get white textures on the ferrari suspension struts and all the cars have white brake disks.
For some reason now my cars.wad that i had built will not work if i have the original exe in the game or the patched exe.
However i know that it worked the first time i patched the game. So i tried to uninstall the official patch. This proved impossible. I have tried add/remove progs and it is not listed, it has no uninstaller, and even when i uninstall everything related to gp4, when i do a fresh re-install and try to patch it it says that gp4 has already been updated?? which is really weird.
I think that it would maybe work if i could totally erase the patch and start again as that was what i did originally. But how on earth would i do it i just cant figure it out. I have searched this forum and have found vague references to this problem but nothing really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to read this i hope someone can help me:)
Re: *PLEASE READ*
Date: October 01, 2003 12:09AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
First of all, new cockpit_damage.tex is not in cars.wad, but in cars folder which is installed with patch. So, copying your old cars.wad into gp4 folder won't show it.

For some unknown reason, when you uninstall GP4, the data about patch remain in registry, so you have to find keys about infogrames and gp4 and delete them; then you'll be able to update the game again after new installation.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: October 01, 2003 12:34AM
Posted by: ralphi
Jon how the hell can you have so many problems...?

Date: October 01, 2003 04:59AM
FFS look ralphai this isnt just my problem the patch is hard to uninstall, look if you are just gonna post stuff like this like markko then how about just not bothering and saving us both time. If you wanna help fine if not dont bother posting at all. If you look on these forums you will see others have experienced some or most of my problems, i guess im just unlucky but most of the community want to help not like you and markko who just take the piss every time, any idea how frustrating posting a message and then thinking "hey might be a solution" and theres you or markko with another "you have so many problems" as if i dont know. Right thats my moan finished sorry but you have finally annoyed me enough to post this.

Bojan@ i thought it may be something like this but what do you mean by keys, and what could i look for, and how would i delete the files? I need to at least know what to look for:)
Date: October 01, 2003 05:28AM
Go to Start -> Run and enter "regedit"
Now you have something like Windows explorer. Go to "hkey_local_machine", then "software", and find infogrames. Right click on it and delete it. See first if inthere is only GP4 stuff; if you have other infogrames games keys inside, then you'll obviously delete only GP4 related keys.

I'm not completly sure if location is exact though. You should find something like "GP4 patch".

Editing registry might be dangerous; before you make any changes, make a backup (in registry editor go to registry -> export registry file).

Don't be hard on Ralphi, the amount of problems you have is ...funny ;-)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: October 01, 2003 05:35AM
thanks bojan ill try that and let you know how i do.

I have no problem with ralphi really i just want him to realsie when someone has so may problems it may be funny to him but believe me it is not funny for me, i love this game but it causes me so much grief i am going to play ea games soon if this game doesnt work for me. Im not stupid i do everything people advise me it just NEVER WORKS or causes me three days annoyance before it does. It really can be a weird game this, i have edited so many games over the years with hardly any problems and this is by far the most weird behaving game i have ever come across. Anyway thanks for the help ill let you know how i get on:)
Date: October 01, 2003 05:45AM
sorry Jon i was kiding i had the same problem and i did like Bojan wrote..

Date: October 01, 2003 05:49AM
Ok ralphi dont worry m8 its ok:)
Date: October 01, 2003 05:55AM
cool....ok :)

Date: October 01, 2003 11:00AM
Posted by: markko
Lol, i am now known for cheeking JonVic! WAHOO!

No really, if i can help i will say so, otherwise i will keep blabbering on about u being terribly unlucky in an annoying manner :P

Date: October 03, 2003 02:41AM
oh great markko, dont understand the point but if you enjoy blabbering on that much fine, we all get our kicks from certain things
Date: October 03, 2003 02:44AM
you have got to edmit that you have a lot of problems. but as i said this last problem you had .. whell i had the same thing and it pissed me off.,,,

Date: October 03, 2003 02:55AM
of course i admit i have a lot of problems, i have never denied that, it pisses me right off. Why do you think im so touchy about it. I have never had more problems with a game than gp4, in fact gp4 has caused me more problems modding it than all games i have ever modded, and thats quite a few!

It is an annoying problem this your right but i havent managed to try to fix it yet cause i have been so busy, but hopefully tonight. This is the only problem i still have so hopefully it will be a great gp4 i have when this is sorted:)

The patch is really crappy for this if you ask me, why not give an uninstaller like gp3 had, i mean there must be lots of people like me that really dont want to play with the comps regestry but have to try. Quite poor from infogrammes if you ask me
Date: October 03, 2003 03:07AM
The patch is really crappy for this if you ask me, why not give an uninstaller like gp3 had, i mean there must be lots of people like me that really dont want to play with the comps regestry but have to try. Quite poor from infogrammes if you ask me

true it is crappy... i reinstaled windows to get it working and couple of days after somebody told me what i actually could do it in another way...

BTW i didn't reinstale windows just 4 the game...

Date: October 03, 2003 03:10AM
But why would you possibly want to deinstall patch!? It fixes a lot of issues...

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: October 03, 2003 03:14AM
yes whell i was a stupid boy plus i couldn't get gp4 master and carset creator to work. also i had problems with helmets i couldn't figure out why there were difrent helmets in the game..i mean even if i put jensons helmet they would still disply panis helmet..

Date: October 03, 2003 03:50AM
yes but the thing is that if you like me have gp4 installed then uninstall it when you re-install gp4 and try to patch it it says that gp4 is already patched and you get the brake disk textures missing. That it what this post was all about in the first place. I nearly re-installed windows cause of this but i didnt in the end. Just try uninstalling gp4 and try to re-patch it and you will get so many probs. My cars.wad i built just crashed the game when i cut and pated it into the game as well. That patch is a bitch
Date: October 04, 2003 04:13AM
Nice one bojan i tried what you said and it worked great, no more problems with the patch, thanks again. If i want to change stuff using gp4 master now do i just put the decrypted exe v1.00 in and do it and then put the patched one in when i have finished?

Post Edited (10-04-03 12:56)

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: October 04, 2003 06:34AM
You can have both, just rename v1.0 to, example GP4old.exe.
Your patched exe will be ofcourse GP4.exe, and you'll run the game with it.

When GP4master asks for path to GP4, just enter GP4old.exe. This way you can use only tex and wad workshops, don't edit performances!

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: October 04, 2003 06:46AM
oh yeah didnt think of that bojan your just always full of great ideas arent you. thanks so much for your help im now a happy gp4 player :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy