Invisible pitcrews problem

Posted by neilcaine 
Invisible pitcrews problem
Date: September 12, 2011 11:01PM
Posted by: neilcaine
This may have been asked before so apologies if it has but I just wanted to ask if anyone knows why pitcrews might not be visible on a gp4 circuit, - is there a setting somewhere in the wad/dat which might affect this? I have two recent versions of the same track, one has the pitcrews showing but the other better track doesn't show them. I use the same animwad in each track so that is ok - what could cause this?
Re: Invisible pitcrews problem
Date: September 12, 2011 11:02PM
Posted by: TeamBPR
From all views? Or just TV Cameras?
Date: September 12, 2011 11:19PM
Just noticed it in T-cam view - which I use for driving also cockpit view and external tv camera also

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2011 11:34PM by neilcaine.
Date: September 13, 2011 12:09AM
Posted by: jucksman
I've seen in an older post here in the forum that it's got something to do with the specific track and the way the pit area is constructed...If I remember correctly, something seems to be missing from the track dat...
Date: September 13, 2011 12:13AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
it can also be a problem in the graphic.cfg file, make sure you have set this line in the graphic file to 1:

1 ; Animation rendering mode. (0 - cheap lighting, 1 - proper lighting, 2 - VS) v2
Date: September 13, 2011 06:59AM
Posted by: rracunis
Try to do what was recommended by Bigbrother , if won't work you have to fix the .col file inside the trackwad but this is a professional job , you should try to contact the author or ask help for someone with experience in handling with tracks .
Good luck

Ricardo
Date: September 13, 2011 12:40PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
try also deleting F1STATE.SAV and F1STATE.SAV files in main gp4 directory ;)

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: September 13, 2011 01:25PM
Thanks for the replies guys - will try the possible solutions mentioned - some I'd tried - might need to leave it up to an experienced track maker - I'm no expert to be going into certain files, thanks again for the quick replies
Date: September 13, 2011 06:39PM
Posted by: Lo2k
2nd track doesn't have a proper .col file. You can try to recreate the .col from the .dat and update your track wad with this rebuilt .col file but I'm not sure it will be enough.

Date: September 13, 2011 07:01PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
To fix the .col file problem, all you need to do is ensure the section where the garages are is set to a hard surface, not tarmac.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 13, 2011 07:47PM
thanks again for the advice, I'll give it a try anyway - I appreciate you all taking the time to provide me with a lot of options - it's a learning process with track editing/updating

cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy