Problem with Ferrari's textures

Posted by Paco 
Problem with Ferrari's textures
Date: September 30, 2003 08:08AM
Posted by: Paco
Hi everybody, i'm having a problem with Viper's Ferrari F2003-GA
I've just reinstalled GP4, started to build my cars.wad from scratch, and when i installed the Ferrari the car looks very weird, the carshape is ok, but there are texture problems in the front wing, in both sidepods, and there is no texture where the gearbox is (or should be).
I could solve the problem by doing the following, first i installed Viper's previous Ferrari, and then installed the latest one (released on August 31st). Doing that, the car looks fine, but i don't understand why it doesn't look good when i just install the latest one.

Before you ask, i use high resolutions textures (1024x1024), and my graphics menu is configured properly, i just don't know what's going on.
Thanks in advance for any help.

[edit]
A screenshot

There are some truble with the pic, if you want to see it (and a few more), go to...
[franciscofapitalle.tripod.com]

Post Edited (09-30-03 15:29)

I'm against sigpics
Re: Problem with Ferrari's textures
Date: September 30, 2003 08:13AM
Posted by: ralphi
i'd love to help but i don't see the problem....

ohnestly i don't see it..

Date: September 30, 2003 08:18AM
Posted by: Alex13
thats becoz ur pic is hosted by tripod.com. Try tripod.co.uk instead...

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: September 30, 2003 08:19AM
You don't SEE the problem or you have no idea how to fix that??? BTW, can you see the screenshot?

I'm against sigpics
Date: September 30, 2003 08:20AM
Posted by: Guimengo
The Shell logo, Tic-Tac and Fedex are in wrong places, and messed up. Plus, the Vodafone logo is cut-off, and only showing on that curved part before the back tyres.

Sorry, but I have no idea on how to help man :(

Date: September 30, 2003 08:21AM
@Alex13
I can see the pic...
I have no more webspace, just in tripod...
perhaps if you follow the link :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: September 30, 2003 08:22AM
you're right Guimengo, that's the problem... anyone has (or had) the same problem?

I'm against sigpics
Date: September 30, 2003 09:51AM
Posted by: DEF
Paco, el original bajado del sitio de Viper no te instala el primer bloque de texturas, asi que vos instalas con el wad instaler y te aparece la textura del auto original del GP4.
Tenes que bajarte El hi_ferrari_1 que es el que te falta por eso el problema con el lateral del coche y la Trompa, eso lo conseguis en un "tread " anterior

[www.hanggao.net] ( este es el car pack de autos y texturas)

, buscalo aca en la carpeta de texturas y solo pasa la hi_ferrari_1 al cars.wad. con el gp4 master.
Si no podes yo te mando el archivo.
Avisame.

El problema es originado porque el instalador no instala la textura que te dije.............

Post Edited (09-30-03 16:58)

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: September 30, 2003 11:57AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I didn't know that DEF. But maybe because I installed the new one over the release 2 that I had before :)

Date: September 30, 2003 12:03PM
Guimengo, I also had installed the car over the older one, so the car was fine, but now I started from an original cars.wad, and found that mistake

Diego, thanks for that, I extracted hi_ferrari_1.tex from Viper's installer (using WinRAR) and put it into my cars.wad, now the problem with the front wing and the sidepods is solved, but I still can't see any textures in the gearbox (check http://franciscofapitalle.tripod.com/ferrari4.JPG to see the problem).

If anyone can help me with that minor issue...

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 01, 2003 10:58AM
Paco, hay un archivo que te instala el motor y todo lo referido a suspensiones y fibra de carbono creo que es el engine cover o algo parecido por eso no te aparece , buscalo en la direccion que te di y pasalo co el gp4 master ( creo que te siguen faltando texturas, hay algunas que estan dirigidas al coche Hi_1 , 2 , 3 y otras al chasis y carroceria) proba.

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: October 01, 2003 01:28PM
thanks Diego, the file i was missing was getriebe.TEX, which is not in Viper's last file, i found it in the previous release (release 2 i think), and i also had to make a copy of it and rename it to hi_getriebe.TEX
Problem solved, that's all for me...

I'm against sigpics
Date: October 02, 2003 01:35PM
Yeahhhhh, great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy