An help to choose my new graphic card plz

Posted by Alessio88 
An help to choose my new graphic card plz
Date: June 23, 2011 06:51PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Ciaooooooooooo everybody me again ;) , i want to buy a new graphic card,does anyone got some advice please? i'll stick on Nvidia coz i like it better,and of course i'm looking for a graphic card that could make me run my gp4 at the top of details and smooth as well at the risolution of 1680x1050,if there is an Nvidia very good and not expansive will be the top ;) any suggestions?

Greetings
Alessio
Re: An help to choose my new graphic card plz
Date: June 24, 2011 02:52AM
Posted by: TomMK
I use an nvidia 8800GTS 512MB and I can play GP4 on full detail at 60fps at 1920x1080. Try to find one on ebay.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 24, 2011 03:26AM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
For GP4 only, Tom might be right. An 8800 GTS is definitely good enough for GP4 in full detail, but the question is if the graphics shall really only be good enough for that. A quick look at Amazon.com shows that a new 8800 GTS still costs around 110$. And a used one 60-80 $ (where you never now how the hardware was treated before and how long it lasts).

For 130-140$ you get a new GTX 460 1 GB graphics card, which I use myself. It is a high middle class card of the second to newest generation and is very energy saving. I would, at least, consider spending 30-40$ more to have a new and very decent graphics card.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: June 24, 2011 03:43PM
Posted by: TomMK
Yeh that's a good point - what else do you want to play? I only really play GP4 and Team Fortress 2 but if you need a bit more performance that GTX 460 1 GB is a sweet card.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 24, 2011 05:04PM
yes on the pc i play only gp4 really and i've got a ps3 so play my games on the playstation to be honest:)

Greetings
Alessio
Date: June 24, 2011 06:11PM
Posted by: akereb
hi Alessio i got a SAPPHIRE HD 5870 Vapor x since several months ,quiet and very good performance .:-)
Date: June 25, 2011 03:34PM
Thanks guys,Tom and with your graphic card in your f1graphic.cfg file do you have multisamples option set to the maximum wich is 16 as well?

Greetings
Alessio
Date: June 25, 2011 10:15PM
ok guys i've been in my favorite computer shop,and the guy told me that he's got a new Nvidia GeForce Gt 440 at 60 euros,wich is about 86 dollars,what do you guys think about it?

Greetings
Alessio
Date: June 26, 2011 12:28AM
Posted by: hasbriale
GT Series is best for now.... Its latest and will give good graphics potential... The price seems cheaper than what I have GeForce 210.

All the best!! (Y)
Date: June 26, 2011 01:19AM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
A GT 440 for 60 Euros is fine. Will definitely do it for GP4 and a lot more and the price is okay, at least. I would buy it, I think, if it's really only for GP4 and similar games.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: June 26, 2011 01:47PM
ok thanks a lot foe your opinions guys :)

Greetings
Alessio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy