Wouldn't it be cool if we could do this?

Posted by Bruce D 
Wouldn't it be cool if we could do this?
Date: June 09, 2011 03:18PM
Posted by: Bruce D
Got an idea in my head that would be really cool if we could do it, given the amount of excellent car designers on this forum. It's a pity there seems to be no programs that could take the 3d models of the GP4 cars and work out the aero and drag numbers on it quickly and therefore see how "good" that design would be and then run a manager series like the ones been run here with the grip decided by those numbers. Therefore people could design their own cars and the numbers would get determined, converted into GP4 data and then run in the same way as the normal manager series. I suppose you could actually call it a designers series. Obviously you could tweak the design during the year and that would make it interesting to see how people develop their cars.

You wouldn't need a hectic CFD program, just something to quickly work out downforce and drag numbers.
Re: Wouldn't it be cool if we could do this?
Date: June 09, 2011 03:27PM
Posted by: truecrysis
That would be quite good... is it even possible to put seperate physics values per car though? I could have got that wrong...
The closest i can think of is where people create physics files and try to go the fastest, and post laptimes, but that's seperate computers, and physics files rather than carshapes...

Just wanted to comment as it would be a neat idea if possible ;-), saying that, everyone would copy everyone elses shape after a certain point ;)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Re: Wouldn't it be cool if we could do this?
Date: June 09, 2011 03:50PM
Posted by: Bruce D
Well I wouldn't approach it from changing the physics file, but rather adjusting the grip values in a performance file based on the different designs.

Yes everyone would wind up copying each other I suppose. Interestingly enough I have found a way of getting the values, it's just a case of finding the software that will enable me to calculate the areas. I've found all the equations though, so setting up a spreadsheet that would get a value wouldn't be difficult.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2011 03:52PM by Bruce D.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy