Car/Driver Don't Math Car in Game

Posted by Richard J 
Car/Driver Don't Math Car in Game
Date: March 27, 2011 07:21AM
Posted by: Richard J
I have been working to make a 2010 mod for personal use. I have downloaded 2010 performance files. I have downloaded the 2010 cars and have them installed in the new 2010 mod. also have downloaded the track loading screens and installed them in the mod. I have a unusual problem that I have not been able to figure out what is causing the problem.

I start the game with CSM. Once the game is loaded, when I check the drivers screen, the correct drivers and cars is listed. I then select Sakhir and the game loads the track with the correct track loading screen I installed in the mod. Once the game is loaded, the drivers and cars do not match the cars in the game correctl for all the cars except the McLaren, Mercedes, and Virgin teams. I have a 2009 performance file and a 2009-Sakhir performance file. The interesting thing is that all the other 16 tracks Ifiles load with the drivers correctly showing the drivers for each team.

I placed Interlagos in the 1st track slot in the place of Sakhir and had the same result, drivers did not match correctly on all but 3 teams. The problem seems to be with what ever track is loaded in the first slot. I am using Tony-b's 2009-Empty Mod to build this mod. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas what might be causing this problem and how to fix it would be helpful.

Richard J
Since I have not received any suggestions to fixing this problem using B-Tony's Empty-2009-Mod, I have spent the past week or so trying to figure out why the first track did not have the cars and drivers matching. I tried another track in slot 1 with the same results. If anyone else is using Tony's Empty 2009 Mod to create a personal 2010 or 2011 mod here is what I had to do to get the mod to show the cars with the proper drivers in the game.

FIRST. Download the 2010 performance files and place in Data\Performance folder. You will have to rename the individual track performance files 2010-Monaco, etc. Remove the 2009-tracks.
SECOND. Open Data\Tweaker\gp4tweak_Data folder. Open numcars.txt, and change tracks listed to correct order.
THIRD. Open Data\Tweaker\Gp4tweak_Data folder and open any other .txt file, with Notepad, and change tracks to correct order.
FOURTH. Open Data\Files\Merge and open with Notepad, the gpxset.txt file. Use Notepad and change Path =gpxdata\2010-%trackname%.txt from Path =gpxdata\2009-%trackname%.txt.

At present, most important to do FIRST and FOURTH steps.

This has solved my issues with having the cars and drivers match in the game

Richard J
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy