I Really Need Some Ideas!!!!

Posted by JonVic 
I Really Need Some Ideas!!!!
Date: September 18, 2003 11:53AM
Posted by: JonVic
I have posted about this before but have still not found a solution. When i am racing and come upon a sauber (Vipers) i have the textures change from sauber to renault and then back again over and over. It happens from all camera angles. I have re-installed all cars re-installed gp4, everything and it still does it. As far as i can see the renault does not ever seem to show the sauber textures. Is there some sort of bug with vipers renault and sauber, or is it my comp? I have got a really nice 2003 season that i have spent ages putting together but this really spoils it. Any ideas of what i can do, please!

(I am using both vipers renault and sauber).
Re: I Really Need Some Ideas!!!!
Date: September 18, 2003 12:17PM
Posted by: Paco
Do this:
1. Open your cars.wad using GP4Master
2. In CARS folder, look for car_sauber_car1_lod_0.gp4
3. Make a copy of that file and rename it to car_sauber_car1_lod_1.gp4 (overwrite the older one)
4. Recompile the cars.wad again

And that¡s it, the problem is that Viper's Sauber has the lod1 of the first car which belonges to the Renault car, that's why you see the Renault sometimes
I wish this helps you :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: September 18, 2003 12:35PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
May I suggest this car then? Bug-free...
Update coming soon, btw.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: September 18, 2003 01:17PM
Posted by: JonVic
brilliant thanks paco i was hoping it was something that somebody else had experienced ill try that tomorrow, cheers:)

@bojan, wow i hadnt seen that anywhere i will definately have to try that. I do like vipers cars but they are too bright, i think it is his alpha layers if i remember correctly, i hope yours are slightly darker which i would much prefer. That looks brilliant i think that will end up being in my 2003 season

Thanks for the posts guys:)
Date: September 18, 2003 01:22PM
Posted by: Spike02
i think our Sauber is underestimated, maybe due to the fact it never got a "Great" star at grandprixgames.org, and we all know that great stars determine whether a car gets dloaded or not

Post Edited (09-18-03 20:23)
Date: September 18, 2003 01:27PM
Posted by: Spike02
2003 Sauber Petronas C22 430 downloads
2003 Minardi PS03 Carshape & Textures 1782 downloads
2003 McLaren- Mercedes MP4-17D 2043 downloads
2002 McLaren Mercedes MP4-17 1144 downloads

Date: September 18, 2003 04:09PM
Posted by: fongu
cool, even tho im using accari's sauber at the moment, i really think that wai's got a better overall shape. But great work again guys

Date: September 18, 2003 04:57PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
My sounds ain't got a Great! Star either :';(

Meah, what ya gonna do! :P

That Sauber is just brilliant! I used Vipers for a bit but then returned to this Sauber when the latest version was released! Simply brilliant! :D

BTW Bojan, I need that Jag! :D

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy