how to make the ff in gp4 good :) ...

Posted by tux 
how to make the ff in gp4 good :) ...
Date: September 15, 2003 07:32PM
Posted by: tux
... on thrustmaster wheels ;) (especially the f1 ferrari ff one)

uninstall all the drivers and thrustmapper. now intall the thrustmapper and drivers from teh CD.

reboot etc etc.

then goto thrustmaster site www.thrustmaster.com and click support. then find ure wheel and download the unified drivers.

this is how i installed them...

plugged my wheel in, right click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager, right click my wheel (not the HID one but USB one) and properties, drivers and uninstall. now the hid and usb drivers are gone.

unplug the wheel.

run the driver installer and plug it in when it sais to, then hit next quick ;)

thrustmapper will say updating inf file etc. in xp u will get driver not certified.

click continue on that.

go play gp4 with 100% ff. when i turned the wheel, it used to shake. but now its just a nice and smooth thing :)

cya, im off to test in other games :D

Re: how to make the ff in gp4 good :) ...
Date: September 15, 2003 07:40PM
Posted by: Ellis
its not really FFB u get in GP4. More of a rumble. You dont feel much through the wheel, compared with stuff like GPL and NR2003

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 15, 2003 07:44PM
its not a rumble any more ;)

and in colin mcrae 2 the wheel goes light when u skid on tarmac now :D

[edit]

yup, definatly improved in gp4, nascar 2003 and colin mcrae 2 :)

Date: September 15, 2003 09:39PM
Posted by: norseS4
dUmAsS:

I have this wheel, I wonder whats the difference between the two different settings in GP4 tweaker for force feedback.

Will try your recepy to see if can get it right this time.......

Post Edited (09-16-03 05:13)

Date: September 16, 2003 12:54AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
lol jon, i never had the problem, always was smooth in gp4 and light when skidding on tarmac in cmr2 ;)

And ffb does help cause u can feel when other cars nudge you, with is important! ;-)

Date: September 16, 2003 04:50AM
yup, i prefer this wheel. because the ffb on my momo was lumpy in gp4, and this is strong :)

Date: September 16, 2003 07:26AM
Posted by: Xero
hmmmm.... sounds a little complicated! But i'll give it a try l8r anyway!

its not really FFB u get in GP4. More of a rumble. You dont feel much through the wheel

What do you mean by that? I can feel plenty through the wheel... like when it gets light when the back end steps out.

Date: September 16, 2003 07:41AM
Posted by: Ellis
What do you mean by that? I can feel plenty through the wheel... like when it gets light when the back end steps out.

I mean try NR2003 then try driving through feeling on GP4 and it just doesnt work cos u can feel very little, where as in NR2003 (and 2002, and GPL), and can feel every little thing the car is doing, and you know whats about to happen when you turn into a corner. you can rpedict the car, something which GP4 doesnt give enough FFB feeling to do. F1C beats GP4s FFB also

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 16, 2003 10:29AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yup turn the deafult spring up and its like wrestling a monster truck (well ok its not that heavy but its still nice n solid :)

Date: September 16, 2003 11:47AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
My force feedback is crap in most of the games with my Thrustmaster. I have a delay. In N2003 ittakes on a mind of it's own, and even in GPL, when I race I have to pause after about 30secs to let the FF catch up the 10secs it's lost!

In GP4, I turn, and then the 'force' about 1-2secs later. Very off-putting.

Date: September 16, 2003 01:18PM
wow, what wheel? somethings wrong with it coz it shouldnt do that with ure spec pc :-o

Date: September 16, 2003 01:31PM
Posted by: Madman271
Still using joystick port?

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: September 16, 2003 01:34PM
didnt think ffb can use joystick port???

Date: September 16, 2003 01:47PM
We can do FFB with joystick port, when bouncing, immediately shakes your stick all the ways 'till you broke it. ;)

Sorry I didn't notice about force feedback. Maybe by upgrading chipset drivers may solve the problem. Also ensure your USB port was version 1.2 or higher, 2.0 was the common installed today. USB DMA also may configured to not shared with another resources. This can be done through BIOS config or from Windows system hardware control panel.

Date: September 16, 2003 01:50PM
LOL!!!

sounds like a bottle neck somehwere :)

Date: September 16, 2003 01:54PM
But bottleneck won't just affect to FF respond, but also to axes updating.
Well, we'll hear what Go_Alesi say.

Date: September 16, 2003 02:04PM
oh yeah :) drivers then! ;)

Date: September 16, 2003 02:48PM
Posted by: 5starschumi
the ff on my momo force is top quality, ive recently got indy racing series and if i stray offline and onto the dirty part of the oval track my steering basically goes on me.

and in gp4 i feel every little bump n niggle. top quality
Date: September 16, 2003 03:22PM
stange, i had a momo a few days ago ;) and gp4 was lumpy :s

Date: September 16, 2003 04:08PM
Posted by: 5starschumi
must hav been doin somat wrong jon, i bloody love my momo force best £90 ive spent lol :P i kno this is a gp4 forum but views on indy racing series peeps?? i think its a mighty fine game myself especially the fact wen u go offline ure in the wall within seconds :S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy