iMac with bootcamp spec - how will this work with GP4?

Posted by davidm 
iMac with bootcamp spec - how will this work with GP4?
Date: December 20, 2010 03:54PM
Posted by: davidm
I would be very grateful if anyone can make an observation about how this refurbished iMac would run GP4 with windows xp installed via bootcamp. The spec is Processor Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E7600 - 3.06 GHz - 1066 MHz FSB - 3 MB L2 cache
Operating System Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard
RAM 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; four SO-DIMM slots support up to 16GB
Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor - 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory
Screen type LCD TFT screen
Screen resolution - Full HD - 1920 x 1080 pixels
Screen size 21.5"
Hard drive 500 GB SATA, 7200 rpm

I will essentially only be running windows to run GP4, nothing else.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2010 09:14PM by davidm.
Re: iMac with bootcamp spec - how will this work with GP4?
Date: December 20, 2010 09:29PM
Posted by: mortal
That's fine. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
i run gp4 on my imac with much less than you have and it works fine so you should be okay

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: December 21, 2010 09:15AM
Thanks alot guys. Appreciate it.
Is it good even with Mods?
Date: December 23, 2010 07:03PM
The way I think it works is the hard disk is split in two, one part is Windows and the other is Mac OS X. Essentially when you go into Windows it should work just like a pc. I need an apple mac for my work so this seemed the best compromise, rather than buying a pc just effectively for GP4. I imagine all the mods should work equally well. Perhaps CaptinFranko could confirm as he runs GP4 on a mac?
davidm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The way I think it works is the hard disk is split
> in two, one part is Windows and the other is Mac
> OS X. Essentially when you go into Windows it
> should work just like a pc. I need an apple mac
> for my work so this seemed the best compromise,
> rather than buying a pc just effectively for GP4.
> I imagine all the mods should work equally well.
> Perhaps CaptinFranko could confirm as he runs GP4
> on a mac?

I can indeed confirm this, they work just as well as they do on a PC. I know this because my brother runs GP4 on his home PC under Windows 7 and I have less problems than he does lol. DavidM is also right in saying that the hard drive is split into two. You partiton it and effectively create another computer on your hard drive. The only downside is that you have to restart to switch to windows and vice versa which is a bit of a nightmare but well worth it.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy