Can't start GP4 [fixed]

Posted by cebrown 
Can't start GP4 [fixed]
Date: November 13, 2010 12:28AM
Posted by: cebrown
After a long break, I've just reinstalled GP4 using the CD, updated to 9.06 and added the No_cd_96 GP4.exe.

I'm using the Ultimate GP4 Guide v1.21 and have completed stage 3. I tried to run it yesterday, after reinstalling/updating and it said I had to install DX 8.1. I have version 9.0c and it passes all tests. I went ahead and selected install dx8.1 from the CD and it said installation completed and I ran GP4 successfully.

Today, it once again, says I must install dx8.1 every time I try to run GP4, so I repeated installation from the CD which says it was successful but it was much to quick to have done anything. Anyway, with 9.0c installed it surely wouldn't overwrite with an older version. (DXDiag still shows v9.0c ). It will not start today with CD in or out.

Can someone, please, tell me what I have done wrong or should be doing to get it to work. I never had any such problem with my old computer and this is the first try since updating to:-
Core Duo E8400, 2 GB RAM, Biostar T-Power m/b, ATI HD4870 1 GB, Win XP SP3.

Thanks
Colin B

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2010 05:00AM by mortal.
Re: Can't start GP4
Date: November 13, 2010 04:30AM
Posted by: mortal
Hmm, I have DX11 installed and it runs... Install the no_cd off this site, use the 'jump to' menu top right to access the downloads area. Set the exe to Win XP SP1 or 2 compatibility. Install gpx_patch, set cpu to 1, set verbosity to high. Test.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Can't start GP4
Date: November 13, 2010 12:09PM
Posted by: cebrown
Re-installed no_cd, created new desktop shortcut, and now it works fine without changing compatibility.

Thanks very much.

Colin B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy