- P4 2.8Ghz
- 512DDR Ram
- 120Gb HD
- G4 MX440

Re: Windows XP
Date: September 12, 2003 01:47PM
Posted by: Madman271
rayq wrote:
The games either stutter then crash after 5 minutes like tony hawk 4 or in gp4 the cars are all white and the FPS are at lot lower thenon 98SE

Did you use native DirectX driver pre-installed with XP package? Or did you use DirectX9 early release?

1) Install DirectX9.0a
2) If problem persists, this may caused by incompatible drivers (migh caused by video, sound, controller cards, etc). If so, try reducing acceleration level slider in video or sound settings.
3) If problem persists, run dxdiags and turn-off (disable) this following setting: Direct3D acceleration; Texture acceleration; DirectDraw acceleration, respectively. Each changes must be followed with booting, even in XP.
4) If problem still persists, you need to be sure your software driver (video, sound, etc) are certified version (viewed through dxdiags). The lastest action for such problem is upgrade your hardware, especially in video and/or sound cards.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: September 13, 2003 04:31AM
Posted by: CC
Thanks guys...anyothers want to chip in and let us know if your games and contollers work ok on XP?

So far only a couple that are having trouble, i might just take the risk and put XP on when i upgrade.
Date: September 13, 2003 04:47AM
Posted by: JonVic
i run xp professional and have had no problems
Date: September 13, 2003 06:21AM
Posted by: ramoats
Windows XP Home Edition/Radeon9700/SB Audigy2/Dell 8250 P4 2.4 ghz/MSFF Wheel

GP4 and GP Legends run great.....

RA Moats
Date: September 15, 2003 01:10AM
Posted by: rayg
I have now installed the Catalst drivers and that has fixed all the problems I was having. GO4 runs quite slow at the moment and the processor runs at about 120 at the start but after a few tweaks with the graphics I should be able to sort it out!

Thanks for all your help guys!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy