Non-csm mod coneverting to CSM-mod : helmet pos?

Posted by JeDa 
Non-csm mod coneverting to CSM-mod : helmet pos?
Date: September 28, 2010 10:38AM
Posted by: JeDa
Hi,
I have made several personal non-csm mod's. I used teameditor to make changes to the postions of the steering wheel, the helmets etc.

I converted these mod to CSM-mod by using CSM. The new CSM-mod runs great but the postions of the steering wheel and helmets is wrong. I think this is because I didn't include the GP4.exe in the mod because it is not recommended to do that. So now I want to edit some config files to change the position, but I don't know how to do this. Which files should I create or change? I studied the official 1991 Mod files but it doesnt make sense to me. Can some please help me?

Thanks, JeDa
Re: Non-csm mod coneverting to CSM-mod : helmet pos?
Date: September 28, 2010 06:50PM
Posted by: Montazuma06
With Teameditor you can save all the values as a .car file, if you put this in the Patch Folder of the CSM mod it should work, i think. I use tweaker myself but i'm sure i remember this working before.
Date: September 29, 2010 12:22PM
Thanks for your help! I'll give it a try. Do you know which folder I should put the *.car file in and do I have to change any other file? Or does CSM know where to look?
Date: October 03, 2010 10:36PM
There should be a folder in the Data folder of your csm mod, called 'Patch'. I'f you put the *.car file in there, it should work, however...

You may have issues if there's tweaker settings also in your mod, as they are applied after teameditor files. ( Though, I'm not 100% csm uses it this way, I know non csm does )
I know the empty 2009 mod has tweaker settings, so if your using that it could be an issue.

If not & you're using a csm generated template you should be fine though!

I'd suggest having a look at how tweaker works though, i learned a lot from playing around with the 2006 mod...one of the main advantages is ingame view editing, for me anyway.

Hope this helps!
Date: October 04, 2010 10:43AM
Thanks! It worked. I put the *.car-file in the patch folder.

I still have one other issue with the carset: In external view, some cars which are further away switch back to their orriginal GP4 shape and livery. I think this is because the carset doesnt only use lod0, but also uses the other lods. Do you know how I can enable using only lod0?

Thanks!
You can force CSM to just use lod0 in the MOD settings after starting CSM. This should solve your problem.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: October 07, 2010 11:19PM
In the Settings folder, open the file csm.ini,

In there you'll find these settings...

[Misc]
F1graphics =
Grip =
Damage =
HighLodOnly =
HighLodCars =1
HighLodHelmets =
HighLodFrontWheel =
HighLodRearWheel =
HighLodCockpit =

1 after the setting = lod0 only, this above would load all cars with lod0

Hope this Helps!
Date: October 08, 2010 10:45AM
Thanks, going to try it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy