Custom Helmets for CSM

Posted by iceman007 
Custom Helmets for CSM
Date: September 30, 2010 07:30AM
Posted by: iceman007
I was wondering how do I make custom helmets for a CSM mod. I want my custom helmet so i can do a full 2005 season.
Thanks
Re: Custom Helmets for CSM
Date: September 30, 2010 08:39AM
Posted by: mortal
Download a helmet template first, paint it in tga format. Then convert the files to tex format. To check the size, export an existing helmet to tga and verify the size. Use the correct naming conventions when saving the files. eg: iceman007_1 & iceman007_2
In the mod, create a helmets folder existing mod/Data/Helmets/ then create a folder for each driver as named in the mod. In the root of the Helmets folder, create a config.ini, listing the drivers, eg: (first line only shown)

[Main]
Format =

[Config]

SkipBuild =

Dir1 =iceman007\%res%

If you cannot paint the helmet yourself, you can always ask as there are some talented helmet painters in the forum ok. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 30, 2010 10:07AM
I got a message from Zaz (he can't log in right now). He says use the 'custom profile' feature of csm. that does exactly what you want and no need to fiddle with the mod itself ok.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 30, 2010 06:40PM
If thats the case where someone wouldnt mind creating a custom helmet for me im requesting a helmet thats silver or white with a nice red design with my user name on the side. I'll be using this for the 2005 csm mod Can anyone do this within the next day or 2. Let me know
Date: October 03, 2010 09:28AM
How do I convert a file from tga --> .tex and is it ok if i use bitmap and convert that to .tex?
Date: October 03, 2010 09:33AM
A bitmap must be converted to tga before you can convert it to tex using Slimtex, which is part of Zaz Tools. Programs like Photoshop can convert a bmp to tga.

Date: October 04, 2010 01:54AM
Ok thanks. I got it. Made a simple helmet. I am going to spend more time to make a better helmet but is there a program I can use to my helmet in 3-d so i can make adjustments to the design rather than converting then looking in the game.
Date: October 04, 2010 02:43AM
No idea on that one. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy