1979 Mod pack - problems...

Posted by DeathDwarf 
1979 Mod pack - problems...
Date: October 03, 2010 08:46PM
Posted by: DeathDwarf
hi everyone, first post here.
I've tried not to post anything til now as I've been trying to get the 1979 mod (from the gp4db site) working for the last 3 days. :-o
anyway, I understand people don't like obvious questions, so I'll try and be to the point.
Right, seeing as I'm using vista 32 getting the game to work in 2001 season was a little tricky to begin with - but that I can work now. (patches, compatibility, swapping files etc.)
First mod I've downloaded is the 1979 one - I'm learning as I go here - but the main problem is I can't find any tracks (or more precisely, their wad files) to go with the CSM mod.
I think the cars are there, the right driver names come up on the menus now and so on - but theyre driving on the 2001 circuits still.
Well, they were, but I've now tried backing up the original files and putting the 1979 track 'DAT' files in the Circuits folder.
I've backed up the old wads and moved em - but do I need to be finding the 1979 ones from somewhere I'm too thick to find?
Or can you either make new or adapt old ones with the DATs and wadupdater or something?
Confused, atm, anyway!
Re: 1979 Mod pack - problems...
Date: October 03, 2010 08:56PM
Posted by: msater
There aren't any 1979 tracks available (yet). I believe that the mod itself is only in beta and is being updated by Tony and his team of workers. I don't know if tracks will be coming with that, but I should think they will. I would have given you a link to the site (www.grandprixx.com) but I've just checked and it appears to have gone down. :(

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Re: 1979 Mod pack - problems...
Date: October 03, 2010 09:04PM
Posted by: DeathDwarf
Cheers,
yeah - I noticed that... Maybe I'll try the 82 mod for now - seen that somewhere. Although I'm sure I've seen a vid of those cars going round dijon in 79 for gp4.
:) perhaps that was just the developers themselves!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy