Removing all steering help?

Posted by geoff 
Removing all steering help?
Date: October 01, 2010 02:20PM
Posted by: geoff
Hi all,

after a long break I got back into GP4 (vanilla at the moment as I am too stupid to be able to update everything) just before F1 2010 came out...and lo, I'd rather be playing GP4. However... I'm still using the keyboard (I know, I know!) and even with steering help ostensibly turned off, the car is self steering. It's not too noticeable on a lot of tracks, but I'm trying to race at Malaysia right now, and it is massively intrusive! Is there any way to turn it off completely, and have complete control? At the moment it is really spoiling it for me...

Cheers,

Geoff
Re: Removing all steering help?
Date: October 01, 2010 02:51PM
Posted by: Gigi4
You can disable it with GP4Tweaker. Anyway I suggest you to not deactivate it with keyboard or it'll be impossible to drive (don't really know if it is possible to only reduce it, i remember not).

Date: October 02, 2010 10:00AM
Posted by: geoff
Ahh thanks for that. I'll have a play. If it's useless...then I might have to bite the bullet for a wheel I suppose.
Date: October 02, 2010 10:19AM
Or a joypad, GP4 is still enjoyable with it. If you have a PS(1,2,3) or a XBox you could also try an adapter.

Date: October 02, 2010 12:05PM
Posted by: msater
Hi Geoff :)

If you live in the UK, they sell wheels in GAME for £34.99. Not brilliant, but good enough :)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: October 02, 2010 05:14PM
Or you could search for a used one on eBay

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy