@madman

Posted by mckey415 
@madman
Date: September 08, 2003 10:30PM
Posted by: mckey415
Hi!

A little addition to gp4 tweaker wish list: is it possible to add a feature of loading helmet/steer/arms coords from the file (just like .car files in cameditor) to quickly switch between different carset coords sets? I think it'll be very useful...

one more question (sorry for a stupid one, i tried search but didn't found neither here nor on your site): what changes arms position tweaking - shoulders or something else?

thanks a lot

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Re: @madman
Date: September 09, 2003 12:08PM
Posted by: matt
if you are using 1043 beta3 you can sort of do this with the configuaration files.i have copied and pasted gp4tweak.ini. file and put it in a new folder called melb-imola.
then copy objects.ini in gp4tweaker directory and renamed 01-04objects.ini. then in my new gp4tweak file i have set the helmet/steer/arms positions to 01-04objects and if i want to use this file i just switch with original gp4tweak file to have correct positions for ferrari 2003 for first 4 races.
the only quick way to have different positions at the moment.
Date: September 09, 2003 02:23PM
Posted by: Madman271
Thanks, Matt.
Matt is right, it was the quickest way to swapping INI files. Zaz also confirmed me that will support (swapping?) INI files on his great Carset manager utility.

About the arms position, it was coordinates for center shoulders (around neck).

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: September 09, 2003 10:13PM
Posted by: mckey415
thanks a lot guys

madman:

you mean that Carset Manager will support coords sets in your format (not only CamEditor)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: September 10, 2003 06:08AM
I was speak to Lo2k (author of CamEditor) about INI support in his CamEditor, as well as Zaz (CSM author).

I hope both of them brings INIs support as soon as possible for easy editing and swapping through their great tools.

Date: September 10, 2003 07:37AM
Posted by: Ellis
I hope they are all compatible. It wud make a good standard for the co-ordinates, something which we need

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 10, 2003 07:58AM
I convert them to floating coordinates (in camera pos) to ease Lo2k controlling camera position on his 3D viewer. original 16-bit coordinates pos was old technique used in GP2 to boost performances (remember in DOS era where math-co was separated module from main processor).

Ellis, you seem to play around with sig. btw; this one is nice. First I though it was something about spacecrafts. Maybe 'cos the hi-tech colors you used.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy