CC cars spinning off

Posted by Welsh 
CC cars spinning off
Date: September 08, 2003 06:07AM
Posted by: Welsh
Why do they always wait till every car has passed them by, before they return back to the track when they have spun off???

Could this be fixed so that they return straight back onto the track?
Re: CC cars spinning off
Date: September 08, 2003 06:15AM
Posted by: tux
this happens because there too cautious when re entering the track.

mabey someone can create a tweak to make them more agressive.

[edit]

and i also noticed, on my race (12 lap race, started last. lap 3 i was 4th!!!! on pro :):):), finished 2nd ;)).

when i was behind mika (default carset reinstalled ;)) he was fighting barachello. when i was on his gear box i noticed (tippicle mika ;)) that he stoped fighting rubens and started to block me :-o then when i tryed to go thru the middle, i was up against his car and he ran into me ;-( but he just spun and i got rubens the next lap (1meter before the line ;) i love it like that :))

so, i would like to see a fixed ai too :)

[edit 2]

i used too many smilies ;)

Post Edited (09-08-03 13:18)

Date: September 08, 2003 06:20AM
Im sure you would agree that it would make the game far more interesting??
Date: September 08, 2003 06:24AM
yup :) and i dont want this to turn into a gp4 bashing thread but, i remember in a review pc gamer uk said the ai changes tacktic on blocking u lap after lap, well mr reviewer (trever?) when the ai does its 1 and only move to block me, i dived up the other side of him and then because they dart back before the cornerf guess what. he smashed me :-o:-o:-o

please mr ai driver, USE MIRRORS ;);)

Date: September 08, 2003 06:27AM
Posted by: ZaZ
but he won right? so his tactic worked ;)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: September 08, 2003 06:28AM
So has anyone found the CC cars script then? If you can change the drivers skill, fuel stops etc, Then there must be a way to make them get on the tracker sooner - Im surprised no-one has brought this up before.

Btw - even if they lose a front wheel I want them to still return to the pit and not give up sooo easily. No point having new tracks or the latest cars if the drivers cant be arsed to play!!!!!
Date: September 08, 2003 06:30AM
"but he won right? so his tactic worked"

no, he came 3rd ;)

welsh, the ai "script" is in the exe most likely

Date: September 08, 2003 06:31AM
its not a script... :)
and yes i'm sure its possible, but as far as i know no one has ever looked for it.
maybe now someone is going to look for it.

Date: September 08, 2003 06:36AM
Posted by: Pooky
i think the AI should be made to be more aggressive

can someone do this??

Date: September 08, 2003 06:37AM
[off topic] and you ? [/off topic]

Date: September 08, 2003 06:38AM
Date: September 08, 2003 07:49AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
where is madan when u need him haha

we always turn to LO2K or madman :\

Date: September 08, 2003 08:43AM
hehe there at work probably ;)

Date: September 08, 2003 07:16PM
Posted by: dave
I think I sometimes feel sorry for game makers when I read threads like this one. In reality, it an F1 driver loses a wheel he will retire and if he spins off the track he will wait for everyone to pass.

If we want a simulation rather than a game this is what should happen. Imagine the outcry when GP4 came out if cars with 3 wheels were driving around the track getting in your way.

I agree that the cc cars should be more aggressive when overtaking and defensive of their line but I don

Date: September 08, 2003 07:20PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
We agree dave, but the thing is AI cars wait too long, they actually wait for cars which are also very far behind to pass them, nearly they allow all other cars to do it.they are like too over cautious.;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: September 09, 2003 12:35AM
Posted by: watercolours
zaz, how could you manage to make your signature in that way? is there a utility for this images?

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: September 09, 2003 06:35AM
he has a script ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy