ZAZ-about carset manager

Posted by Caelen 
ZAZ-about carset manager
Date: September 07, 2003 03:59PM
Posted by: Caelen
been using the latest version since it was released and have had no problems, thanks for this great utility.
now a suggestion:
would it be possible to creat multiple carsets per directory, or allow carsets to share directories.
what i mean is that i might have two carsets that share the same anim and cars.wad but have different performance file only. such as i have two 2003 carsets, one where im driving an arrows and one driving a mclaren, currentl i have to have two separate folders with all the wads etc required by each carset. so i end up with multiple copies of exactly the same stuff. so what id like is to create one folder called 2003 and have two or more carsets in that folder, 1 for arrows, 1 for mclaren, with both sharing the same wads, cam files, and only differing in the physics, performance files.
Re: ZAZ-about carset manager
Date: September 07, 2003 05:46PM
Posted by: ZaZ
yes thats possible.
just make a copy of your .csm and give it the name you want.
then it appears in the little dropdownbox beneath the carset list.
I still have to make some minor changes to it, but first i want to figure out how carset manager will work in the future.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: September 07, 2003 10:00PM
ok ZAZ that works, i tried before but my carsets were .set not .csm, seems that depending wheather you create in manager or editor you get a different extension, anyway if its a .set then multiple versions wont show up, but i changed to . csm and works fine as you said, thanks.
Date: September 08, 2003 12:30AM
Posted by: b-tone
i'm having problems with track spec perfs, and physics (mom TS)
it uses the first perf.
and the physics dont patch.
my exe is 6128kb which is the right size for PhysEd to work.

and.
can we determine which exe a set uses? i know the whole point is not to have different exes, but because the physics dont work i sometimes have different ones for testing.
and maybe include the uses-lod_0-only?

thanks. :)

(btw-nice idea about multiple carsets per directory ;) )

____
Tony

Date: September 08, 2003 03:54AM
Posted by: ZaZ
@Caelen
Yeah that was because i want to get rid of the carset.set files, because the .set extension is too common.
So it only still recognizes carset.set files because that way it is still compatible with older carsets. The .csm is the new extension and there it doesn't matter which name you choose because its unlikely there are going to be conflicts with other programs. I didn't want to claim the .set extension for carset manager :)

@b-tone
I will take a look at the track specfic performances. Maybe i made a mistake somewhere. I never use it myself, but the time i tested it it worked. I will take a look at that one again, to see if anything has changed.
I don't have a clue what could be wrong with the physics but i'll do some research.

There's an exe version check in the program but it doesn't check the exe if you use the swap function for it. But i'll add it :)

And about the lods.. yeah maybe i will ;)
But then i want to combine it with the 'set resolution' thingy.
The 'put any file into a wad/carset' is something else and i still want to figure out how i want to implement it. I wrote the code, but i just want to know how it would be easiest to use it.
And yeah the "multiple carsets per directory" is a great idea..
I seem to have forgotten how i came up with it.
Oh.. now i remember! it just struck me (in my mailbox) ;)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: September 08, 2003 01:36PM
b-tone, try using your physics from gpxpatch first and see if it works, then run carset manage with quickstart off, and checkk thru the gpxpatch options when it comes up to check the settings for physics appear correct.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy