Vipers Carbon Fibre Textures

Posted by JonVic 
Vipers Carbon Fibre Textures
Date: September 07, 2003 08:36AM
Posted by: JonVic
I cannot understand what is going on with vipers carbon fibre textures. After A LOT of grief getting them to work with my williams and mclaren i finally had them working. I install the latest ferrari and it has lovely carbon textures but now it is stopping my wclaren and williams carbon textures working properly. What on earth could do this it seems i cannot have all the cars with thei respective carbon textures. Plus the carboin textures are the same on the williams and mclaren but different (and in my opinion better) on the ferrari, is this supposed to happen. How can i get the textures to show on all and why is the texturing affecting other textures???

Post Edited (09-07-03 16:05)

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Re: Vipers Carbon Fibre Textures
Date: September 08, 2003 10:12AM
Please someone does this happen to you??? or is it just me???
Date: September 08, 2003 10:19AM
Posted by: Keando
Hi JonVic

I'll check mine when I get home. I seem to be seeing some of the problems that you have highlighted in previous threads.

Keando
Date: September 08, 2003 10:25AM
ok great just let me know on this thread later, cheers :)
Date: September 08, 2003 10:39AM
Posted by: JackieStewart
I had this problem for a while too. I don't know what caused it or how I cured it ('cos I didn't really). I just re-did my cars.wad recently due to some great new cars releases and it's gone! It also affected some visor strips too at the time. GP4 weirdness.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: September 08, 2003 11:18AM
Posted by: markko
JonVic, why dont you just uninstall gp4 and start over, you have had the most problems ever with it.

Date: September 08, 2003 11:30AM
Believe me that was one of the first things i did. I have re-installed it loads i just seem to be jinxed

@jackie stewart, so the problems you had were that when you had the new ferrari the textures showed on that but you just had plain textures on the williams and mclaren yet when the new ferrari wasnt installed the textures on the mclaren and ferrari wishbones were okay? and then when you changed the cars.wad you had the textures on all fine?

Its strange cause when i check the other views eg. press num pad 9 and look at the left or right hand side of the car so you can see just 1 wheel the textures show fine on the williams and mclaren even when the new ferari is installed then but not in t-cam. Weird.

As well can i just check that the textures on the ferrari are what i would call true carbon txtures i.e. small lines on black whereas the mclaren and williams textures seem different. When the textures work on the williams and mclaren they seem to be more of a grey and black swirl very different to the ferrari. Is that what other people have or are the carbon textures supposed to be the same on all cars?

Post Edited (09-08-03 18:37)

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: September 08, 2003 01:33PM
JonVic

Had a look at the carbon fibre textures on the cars I have in my cars.wad and noticed that the Ferrari has very defined textures (grey/black stripes) on the wishbones etc as does my Jordan. The Williams and Mclaren have carbon fibre textures on them but no where near as well defined as the Ferrari.

There are other variations where some cars have poorly defined carbon fibre textures and some have plain black (with reflective surfaces) carbon fibre textures.

Keando

BTW Did you solve your problem with the white diffuser on the Ferrari?
Date: September 08, 2003 01:58PM
Yes i did solve the problem, i mucked around with so many things it is difficult to remember exactly what cured it but i think i did the .tex files in upper case to .TEX. Because i was trying the cars and they all had white diffusers, when i installed the latest ferrari from viper i noticed that the files said .TEX instead of all the others i had which were .tex as soon as the ferrari went in bang all of my cars were fine when i had changed them to .TEX Try that and if you have no joy post again and i will rack my brains to remember the steps i took. It is a real sod to get the diffusers right but when it works that is it no more probs. Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the words on the cars that has reassured me about the carbon look that is what i have. I just need to get the mclaren and williams to show the carbon textures when the latest ferrari is in the game. It is really frustrating the horizontal strut that is on the front suspension has a clearly defined carbon look like the ferrari all the time even when the new ferrari is installed its just a case of getting the rest of the damn textures to show on the wishbones with the new ferrari installed. I am going to start a fresh on a new wad but i am not relishing the problem solving i had last time from fresh cause i did so much stuff i cant remember it all :)
Date: September 08, 2003 02:56PM
Had a look at the .tex files but the ones in caps did not appear relevant to the diffuser, changed them anyway but did not make any difference :(
Date: September 08, 2003 03:05PM
The thing is that all these problems with the diffuser came from me manually installing the cars. There is no need now just go to vipers website and re-download all the cars and install them and they go in fine, i have just re-done a cars.wad and installed them all using the installer and they go in perfect with no diffuser problems, have you tried that?

BTW i have got 2 screenshots that show what the mclaren wishbone textures look like with the ferrari installed and another without the ferrari installed could i e-mail them to you and you tell me which picture is like the textures you have on your mclaren and williams. Because i have one shot that shows slight carbon look on a few struts and another where the struts go really swirly and in my opinion over the top and i just want to know which they should look like as you seem to have it running okay. If you could do that and let me know your email i would be grateful, thanks :)
Date: September 08, 2003 03:30PM
I haven't tried the installer for the Ferrari mine were all manually installed, I'll give the installer a go tomorrow.

Sure email me the piccies my email is asicrunner@hotmail.com if the files are to large then use keando@clara.co.uk
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy