strange error [DOH! Fixed!]

Posted by hagar147 
strange error [DOH! Fixed!]
Date: August 31, 2010 06:18PM
Posted by: hagar147
Hi guys,

Yesterday I encountered a very strange problem and I haven't been able to solve it yet, maybe one of you could help me. I have 17 new tracks installed and up till yesterday they all worked fine, but when I tried to race the Shanghai circuit, GP4 suddenly CTD when loading the race. I have never had this problem before and decided to download the original Shanghai circuit again, which is the 2009 version of SchueyFan. I've already raced it several times so it know it does work. But now I installed it all over again without result, it crashes again no matter which slot I put it in. I have the same problem with the Montreal track, although I haven't changed anything to these tracks.

I load the tracks with TSM and this is the first time that I have this problem. Since I downloaded a fresh version from the internet I don't believe this is caused by the track.wad. I've installed the original cars.wad and anim.wad too, but that doesn't work either. I run out of ideas of where to search for the cause.

Has someone experienced the same problem before or could someone help me out with this?

Kind regards,
hagar147

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2010 02:07PM by mortal.
Re: strange error
Date: August 31, 2010 08:20PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
I suggest for the tracks that doesn't work at the moment with TSM you do the following.

You open TSM and select manage tracks

You go stand on the track that doesn't work for example shanghai.

You then select above magic data tab, you just go in that tab and press save & then you press save on the left menu also and try the track again.
Date: August 31, 2010 08:54PM
Hi Bigbrother,

Thanks for the tip, I've just tried it but it didn't work.
Should you have any other ideas, I am happy to hear them, 'cause it's driving me nuts.

Thanks anyway for your reply,

hagar147
Date: September 01, 2010 05:51AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
if it already have worked once i would delete the folder of the track and install it again with TSM and when its installed you do that trick what i mentionned above, hope it works then :-)
Date: September 01, 2010 01:43PM
I've found it: it was the anim.wad after all. Seems I was working the whole time starting from a corrupted original anim.wad file.
I'm relieved to have solved it, but still wonder why some tracks did work and others didn't...

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions bigbrother!

Regards,
hagar147
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy