things about cars.wad

Posted by Syping-Shark 
things about cars.wad
Date: July 27, 2010 08:37AM
Posted by: Syping-Shark
Hey all,

Ive got a couple of questions wich i hope you guys can help me with.

Bevore my pc crashed a few weeks ago, i made a new 2001.wad wich looked pretty nice (if i say so myself) but now i have to re-build that, but i alwasy used to 'strip' the origional .wad, wich pretty mutch means deleting everything from the origional cars, helmets, tryes that kind of stuff.
The thing now is, i have in my cars.wad a file called McLaren lod 35 or something like that, i cant remember propperly, so i wonder: can i delete these 'lod-35' files without anny problems?

Then the 2nd thing, since a couple of days im using a 23" inch monitor with screen resolution 1920x1080, but the quality somewhat lets me down, what im trying to say is i have a high quality .cgf file from a verry good dutch friend of mine, and ive put the 1920x1080 resolution in the file.

Is there annything i can maybe do in gp4 self or to the .tex file to make the quality mind-blowing?

thanks to all in advance =) greeting Sherwin (or Schumachernr1 or Shark as im known by nowerdays)
Re: things about cars.wad
Date: July 29, 2010 08:46AM
small bump?

The number one Luca Badoer fan, massive respect for the man that has more laps on the Catalunya track then any other driver
Date: July 29, 2010 09:26AM
Posted by: Robert
I remember seeing a mclaren lod 35 - I think that comes from a downloaded car though rather than the original game - anyway, I'm pretty certain the game wouldn't read the file so you can delete it.

Other than increasing AA and AF settings for your graphics card and making sure you're using the most hi res tex files, I don't think there's a lot you can do about the quality (or if there is I don't remember).

Rob :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: July 29, 2010 09:28AM
Posted by: Cyberacer
35 is out of range for GP4 usual lods - they vary from 0 to 4.
Only you can try and test the results.
And a screenshot would help the most, to see what you need to change in your f1graphics.cfg.

Date: August 02, 2010 04:44PM
Hey guys,

Sorry for my late response, and thanks for your response's =) .

***click to make full size***

I found out that my graphics card was on 'optimal performance' for some reason, now ive put it on 'optimal quality' its a lot better (see screenie), thing is that in the t-cam mode i cant see the helmet annymore, altough in teameditor i can, but i think that not to mutch of a problem, if theres annything i can do to improve the quality even more by someting in the .cfg i'd love to hear so =) .

Thanks again =) .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2010 04:50PM by Syping-Shark.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy