How do I disable the "cars" folder in gp4 - FIXED

Posted by gap177 
How do I disable the "cars" folder in gp4 - FIXED
Date: July 26, 2010 05:09PM
Posted by: gap177
Hi guys, many years ago there was a thread with the instructions on how to disable the "cars" folder in the main gp4 directory. I have done a search but have been unable to find it anymore. Could someone (maybe one of the older members of this forum) help me with this? The reason I wish to do this is, I do not use CSM and would like the track specific helmets for driver9, driver10 and driver21 to show up in-game without having to manually do this. I do know that I need to use a hex editor and disable a line in the gp4.exe-I just don't know which line to change. One other question-do the other files in the "cars" folder need to be installed elsewhere (ie: cars.wad or track.wad)? Thanks in advance for the help-it is appreciated.

Glenn(Cdn)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2010 09:50PM by gap177.
How do you fixed???
Download a hex editor and open gp4.exe-go to line 0023f860 and edit, basically a bunch of zeros for driver9, driver10 and driver21.tex. Save and copy and paste gp4.exe back into gp4 directory.

Glenn(Cdn)
Thanks Glenn!
I'll try it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy