Pit Crews Disappearing... More Questions

Posted by TeamBPR 
Pit Crews Disappearing... More Questions
Date: July 13, 2010 05:39PM
Posted by: TeamBPR
Hi...

A few other people have had some weird things with Pit Crews disappearing... I was wondering if anyone is any wiser about what causes it...?

I installed the 2008 Trackpack Silverstone, which is fantastic. And everything was working fine, including Pit Crews, etc. Then I worked on the CC Line, and the Magic Data, and now the Pit Crews have disappeared..!! So it must be something to do with editing the DAT either through GP4 Builder, or the Magic data....

Anybody know anything about this or have any clues? They just don't display - there's no missing tex or anything, they just aren't there, but they still repair your car, etc.

It only happens in the Race, in Quali, they are there as normal - well the "engineers" anyway, you know what I mean.

Cheers :)
Re: Pit Crews Disappearing... More Questions
Date: July 13, 2010 05:51PM
Posted by: gap177
The same thing happened to me when I tried the 2008 version of Silverstone. I couldn't get it to work so I updated the 2007 version to 2008. I even tried "the fix" but that didn't work either.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: July 13, 2010 05:52PM
Posted by: quickslick
did you setup this line to 1 in your f1graphics.cfg?

1 ; Animation rendering mode. (0 - cheap lighting, 1 - proper lighting, 2 - VS) v2
Date: July 13, 2010 05:55PM
Posted by: LWC
In the cfg

11 ; [MAIN VIEW] Draw X objects in pit lane (0 => off, else max number of 'teams' to draw)

RaceSimsPitstop

Game Screens
Date: July 13, 2010 06:45PM
In my case, yes-both are set correctly.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: July 13, 2010 11:27PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
it was a problem with the .col file.

i posted a fix somewhere in the forum history (sorry, i can't access it at the moment). alternatively, you can fix it yourself by ensuring the garages are set to'hard' (white)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 13, 2010 11:34PM
Thanks Quickslick and Lee.. but yeah tried both those things though :P

Sounds like something to do with editing the track? Could anyone explain the setting garages to "hard"? I have no idea what that is, I haven't had chance to get into track editing much, so have no idea how to do this....

Thanks a lot :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 11:51PM by TeamBPR.
Date: July 14, 2010 10:47PM
I have put Silverstone back to the 2008 Trackpack, using the wad and dat that come in it, and still no Pit Crews!!

Can someone who knows the solution explain how you go about fixing this please? :)

I can't wait for WillB's Silverstone - that looks amazing... :-o
Date: July 19, 2010 09:36AM
you can get the fix at my downloads page (check my signature) - i forgot that i had uploaded it there at the time.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 19, 2010 03:03PM
Thanks a lot.. I'll give it a go. For the time being I am just using Silverstone 2007 with the Plus update for 2008 so it's doing the job just fine - but would be nice to have the 2008 again!

Date: July 19, 2010 05:40PM
Thanks for the fix Ed, its much appreciated.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: July 19, 2010 06:17PM
ok, sorry i couldn't help more earlier, i was overseas.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 20, 2010 01:53PM
Thanks very much - I've downloaded that now, looking forward to giving it a try.

It is the Silverstone 1.1 small download... right??

Cheers :)
Date: July 20, 2010 04:07PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy