How to configure a steering wheel

Posted by bantu86 
How to configure a steering wheel
Date: July 08, 2010 09:07AM
Posted by: bantu86
Hi guys sorry for my english but i'm italian. I have a question, i try to configure my steering wheel ( TRUST FF380 ) in gp4 but i don't have found a good solution. Can someone tell me your best setting like sensibility , dead zone, analogic o digital etc?

thank
Re: How to configure a steering wheel
Date: July 08, 2010 10:01AM
Posted by: mortal
Hi and Ciao :-) I am not familiar with your wheel. I did Google it to have a look and I suggest that you try 5% deadzone and use analogue. How you set the sensitivity of the FF is up to you, my wheel (Logitech G25) is different to yours and I use 75% FF for GP4. When you have played around with the settings save it to a yourwheelsetting.con file. :-) Bouno Fortuna (I think LOL)

P.S. Don't upgrade to Win7 64bit as there are no system drivers for your wheel!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2010 10:05AM by mortal.
Date: July 08, 2010 10:25AM
Posted by: Fergy
I'm in the same timezone as you, if you want to go on msn we can try some things. PM me if you need some live help:-)

Fergy
Date: July 08, 2010 11:22AM
Posted by: bantu86
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi and Ciao :-) I am not familiar with your wheel.
> I did Google it to have a look and I suggest that
> you try 5% deadzone and use analogue. How you set
> the sensitivity of the FF is up to you, my wheel
> (Logitech G25) is different to yours and I use 75%
> FF for GP4. When you have played around with the
> settings save it to a yourwheelsetting.con file.
> :-) Bouno Fortuna (I think LOL)
>
> P.S. Don't upgrade to Win7 64bit as there are no
> system drivers for your wheel!

Unfortunately i have win7 64 bit..... :) so i can't install any driver!!! Now i try your setting!!! But how you set the angle of steer? 12°? 14°? FF in my wheel is broke........ In italian is Buona Fortuna!!! :) thank you!!!
Date: July 08, 2010 01:47PM
Posted by: mortal
That wheel does not have any drivers for Win7 64bit, so you cannot set anything other than four axis. Maybe you can get FF if you are lucky, but the wheel settings are what you can get in Windows Game Controller and no more.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy