Viper's Cars?

Posted by montoya03 
Viper's Cars?
Date: September 04, 2003 03:19PM
Posted by: montoya03
I have successfully put the cars manually into GP4 and they all work fine, one problem the suspension of the cars is white and has no texture and also the undertray.

i think it might be the f1graphics.cfg file.
but i do not know what to change

any suggestions?
Re: Viper's Cars?
Date: September 04, 2003 03:42PM
Posted by: WallyTP
In the textures folder of each care there are 3 sometimes 2 files called st_name of the car_1.tex and so on.......

Eliminate the .tex at the end and put in your cars.wad.

If this doesn't help then follow this instructions posted by another user from this forum who's name I don't remember.

"Guys. First I suggest that you use a new cars.wad (the default one)
Then using Gp4 master extract all your cars.wad files. Then find all vipers cars setup.exe.
Right click on the setup.exe and click "open with winrar.
Extract all the files of the cars in a new folder (each can in a different one, just in case...).
Then take all the .gp4 files from vipers cars and put them in your cars wad folder (assuming that u use GP4 master).
Only the toyota and renault .gp4 files need to be renamed (for example : car_toyota_car1_lod_0.gp4 renamed to car_prost_car1_lod_0.gp4 and for car_renault_car1_lod_0.gp4 to car_beneton_car1_lod_0.gp4) After you do that, find the texture files. You will now have to rename brakedisc.tex to hi_brakedisc.tex. Also add " hi_ " to the following files: carbfbd.tex, cockpit.tex, engine_inter.tex, tcam.tex. Put these files in your cars.wad folder. Just delete the .tex files that start with "st_".
In the textures folder of each car you will find a texture file called *_body.tex
(all the names are: bar_body.tex, renault_body.tex, ferrari_body.tex, williams_body.tex, mclaren_body.tex, sauber_body.tex, and toyota_body.tex) You will have to add "hi_" to all these *_body.tex files after that these files should look like this: hi_bar_body.tex, hi_renault_body.tex, hi_ferrari_body.tex, hi_williams_body.tex, hi_mclaren_body.tex, hi_sauber_body.tex, and hi_toyota_body.tex
After you've done that you only have the car .tex files! No need to rename these files, just copy them all in your cars.wad folder. Thats it. all the cars now should be in the game and working(with gp4 default order)!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy