Problems with installing 2010 cars

Posted by redbulljack14 
Problems with installing 2010 cars
Date: June 17, 2010 06:37PM
Posted by: redbulljack14
I've been trying to update to the 2010 season but I've had a couple of problems that I've came across and I was wondering if anyone could help me.

1. Parts of some of the cars such as the suspension are white.
2. Until i'm up close, all of the cars except the Renault and Lotus go back to their original 2001 cars.
3. I'm not sure how to install the 2010 performance file that i've downloaded.

I know i'm an idiot when it comes to GP4 and i'm still a relative amateur but any help will be much appreciated.

WilliamsF1 FTW!
Re: Problems with installing 2010 cars
Date: June 17, 2010 06:45PM
Posted by: jucksman
Let's see if I can help you:

1.The suspensions go white because your carbon tex files are in the wrong place. You can either put them inside your car folder or in a shared folder if you are using csm.
2.That happens because most 2010 cars come only in lod0, wich is the best level of detail. When the cars are at a distance, GP4 uses lower lods to keep PO low, and since your cars don't have those, they revert to the game original shapes. If you have a high end pc, using CSM you can chose to use lod 0 only. If your pc gets too slow, you'll need to download the lower lods from somewhere.
3. I use CSM to play, and in CSM the performance files go in a folder called, er, performance... :-)

Hope I could help.
Date: June 17, 2010 07:52PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
For performance open up GPXPatch

Then open the tab GPXSet and then tick the box text to performance, now click the little folder and you can go to wherever it is you have saved your performance file

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 17, 2010 07:57PM
I've sorted that problem now, thanks guys:-)

WilliamsF1 FTW!
Date: June 17, 2010 09:11PM
The performance file is great, the only strange thing for me is that Hulkenburg always qualifies on the front row, as a Williams fan though, I'm not complaining.

WilliamsF1 FTW!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy