CSM on Windows 7 64bit

Posted by fAk3 
CSM on Windows 7 64bit
Date: May 24, 2010 06:51PM
Posted by: fAk3
Hey!

I've tried everything to get the CarsetManager to work on my new Win7 64Bit PC. I tried to set up the Administrator account and run it there, or run it as administrator.
It will allways give me an error that it has not the rights to read from registry. And it's not only the CSM.exe itself, but also the updater, and other programs of the package.

Help is highly appreciated =D
Re: CSM on Windows 7 64bit
Date: May 24, 2010 09:13PM
Posted by: Fergy
You should have 2 Program Files folders, one marked (x86). Make sure you install CSM into Program Files (x86) as all the 32 bit programs should be installed there. Only 64 bit compatible programs should go in Program Files Folder.
Date: May 24, 2010 10:25PM
Posted by: harjinator
i had to disable UAC to get CSM to work on windows 7 32 bit. there's also a 'final' version around which bypasses all the admin stuff, but i can't rmember exactly where i found it - Vadertrophy forum from memory

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: May 25, 2010 01:38AM
Posted by: Ruimas
Upppps

maybe this was what i got wrong.....i have also had problems....but i just installed csm on another folder :p not even on programs :)

Nop....already installed csm on the programas (x86) folder and still no luck......it doesnt load the "cuh" files....allways erros :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2010 01:45AM by Ruimas.
Date: May 25, 2010 08:19AM
Strange, I run CSM on two Computers here, one 64 bit Windows 7 and the other 32 bit Windows 7. Where did you download CSM from? Maybe the problem started from there? Have you tried to delete the program and reinstall? Also delete the from regedit, if you have not used it before go: Start menu, type regedit, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software and delete ZaZ and ZaZ Gp4 tools. Then try a fresh download and reinstall.
Date: May 25, 2010 08:40AM
Posted by: mortal
Send a pm to Zaz, with the link to this topic.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 25, 2010 02:03PM
I tried everything that has been said here. It wont work =( If anyone got a working version might he upload it here?
Date: May 25, 2010 02:55PM
Do you have an original copy of GP4?
Date: May 25, 2010 03:23PM
I got 2 original versions, tried with both.
Date: May 25, 2010 03:34PM
Looks like I have the same problem now, I just tried to run in on 64 bit and there is a problem:-( It was running ok so I have no idea what's changed, maybe an automatic update for Windows has caused an issue, not sure. I will go through the full process later and see if I can add anything.
Date: May 25, 2010 09:27PM
You'd be my hero and i think of a lot other 64bit users too xD
Date: May 26, 2010 12:12AM
Ok it's working, I didn't really do anything special but here is what I did.

Fresh install of GP4, I had problems copying the program from 32 bit and just adding it over to 64 bit, Fresh install off your CD is best.
Run 9.6 Patch (Not from the CD, download it from the Forum ) 9.6 Patch
Install Decrypted exe.
Run GPxPatch.
Run the New exe and GPxPatch exe as Administrator in compatibility mode- Vista Service Pack 2.
Run the game and check all is ok, stop and Adjust your f1graphics file if you have to.

Install Zaz tools to Program Files (x86) it should prompt you to use GP4 exe if not something is wrong with your GP4 installation as CSM works perfect when the game is installed properly.

Good luck:-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 12:14AM by Fergy.
Date: May 27, 2010 11:51PM
Posted by: Ruimas
Yep

I also think my problem must be with GP4 and the original instalation.

Actually, to be honest, i´m away from home and i do not have the original copy here, so had to download. Does anyone knows where i could buy and download an original copy online? So that i stay legal. I have no problem with that and i think the game deserves the money. Just that im away from home.

And likely this is the problem behind it all. As the copy i got is in itself messed up as it looks someone tryed to post it already with a mod for season 2008 and even this mod was not properly installed in the 1st place.

So most likely all problems come from here and no Windows 7 64bits
Date: May 28, 2010 12:57AM
Ok, there lies the problem than. You can still buy it for sure but only a hard copy, I don't think it's available for download, not legally anyway. I purchased a new copy last year on Amazon. It makes a huge difference and a lot safer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy