Problems with gp4 using windows 7?

Posted by Pont 
Problems with gp4 using windows 7?
Date: May 21, 2010 07:57PM
Posted by: Pont
Hi i did a fresh installation of gp4, installed the original patch......now i tried to replace the original gp4 exe by decrypted version but it's not possible? i get an error message..........anyone else problems using gp4 under windows 7?
Re: Problems with gp4 using windows 7?
Date: May 21, 2010 08:24PM
Posted by: SPOKES
Hi Pont,

I had a problem like this a while ago, I'm using windows 7, follow this link on 'no cd patch' it might help!

[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: May 21, 2010 08:41PM
spokes where can i find regedit in windows 7?
Date: May 21, 2010 08:46PM
Posted by: gap177
Just type in regedit in your windows 7 search function.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: May 21, 2010 08:48PM
Posted by: Lo2k
hit start button (or windows key on your keyboard) and input "regedit" without quotes then hit enter.

Date: May 21, 2010 08:55PM
i tried to do a fresh installation again but there is no in game sound whatsoever.
Date: May 22, 2010 08:45AM
Posted by: Ruimas
Hi everyone,

Another GP4 lover and another one having problems with windows 7

I have a mod for 2008 season and so far Melbourne and Monaco dont even load. This could be a problem with the mod as all the other tracks load ok. What scares me a bit more is that even when i try to do a quickrace or non championship race on the other tracks.......the game just crashes whenever i it "escape" to save or whatever.

Again, could be a problem with the mod. I´ll try to download a different mod and see out it works. Can also try to re-install and see if the original 2001 works fine.

We will see :)
Date: May 22, 2010 09:23AM
Posted by: mortal
That is definitely a mod problem. If a track refuses to load, it is probably not listed in the profile or the track settings.ini is incorrect.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 22, 2010 11:50AM
Yep

Should be a mod problem.

The mod is defenetely all screwed ahahahahah

Just did a race in Interlago to remember how good the game was. I picked Trulli from Toyota and my car looked like an old Prost GP :D :D :D So defenetely the mod is not good. It also probably didnt help that i installed it without zaz tools and csm. Ohter funny anomalies were that the force indias looked like the old green jaguar i think. Funny enough the red bulls were perfect :)

Now im trying to get CSM to work so i can mod the game conveniently. I have to mods, 1991 and 2006...2006 used to work on my previous pc quite well. None of them loads....they just give an error message....some compatibility issue maybe??? i´ll try to go around with compatibilty. The CSM seems to be working, i cleaned the issues with clean wad files and also solved the gpexe....also the tracks were all correctly converted to faswads and they now load a lot faster....except for melbourne and monaco who are still missing. I just could not make the real mods for 91 and 06 load yet with csm.
Date: May 22, 2010 04:18PM
Anyone understand german???

I´m trying all this on a german computer.

The "cuh" files from the mods refuse to load on csm. weird.....i get this error message:

"bei der weitergabe des befehls an das programm ist ein fehler aufgetreten"

tried google translator and i got this:

"in the dissemination of the warrant program is one of the errors ocurred"

Any ideas what this might be???? it happens when i try to load the "cuh" files from the mods.
Date: May 23, 2010 01:17AM
I think it means that cuh files have not been associated with csm. Try setting the association or open the cuh from within csm, not by opening the cuh file.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 23, 2010 10:16AM
Thanks for your efforts so far :) Its great to have feedback.

I think they are well associated, the "cuh" files appear with "csm" logo, also, when i get that german error message, csm still opens and stays open.....just cant load the "cuh" file. Same error message shows if i open "csm" first, and try to load the "cuh" from there.

By the way, its "CSM 1.26" which i think is the correct version i should be trying to use, at least it was the version specifically sugested on the 1991 mod.

I´ve been trying to search stuff also in german forums....from what i can understand in german, i have seen some comment about the firewall in windows 7.....but was unable to understand the full coment and what and whatnot should i try to disconect. Doesnt help having a german laptop either :)
Date: May 23, 2010 10:50AM
The W7 firewall shouldn't have anything to do with opening a cuh file. But to be on the safe side, open the firewall settings and add csm to the exceptions list. What's more worrying is why you have a german lap top when you don't speak the language......

Date: May 23, 2010 12:22PM
Posted by: georgibg
My GP4 had no problems with WIN7 but when I open Car editor or Track Editor from ZAZ GP4 tools its give me error:You must be administrator to open this files!Im Administrator whats wrong?I use AVG 8.0 Free and Windows Firewall any ideas?(I)
Date: May 23, 2010 12:27PM
Just right click the exe and set to run as admin.

Date: May 23, 2010 02:11PM
Yep....should not be the firewall......added full permissions to all GP4, GPXpatch and CSM.

Still refuses to load the "cuh" files.......maybe i´ll just install the original version of the game and give up on the mods :(

Well....i do speak a little bit of german. At least enough that i can navigate and solve easy daily problems. Why i have a german laptop....simply because i currently living in germany :) Work.......back home i have a pc and my old laptop was too old for this adventure so i bought one here.

So far i´ve been doing some non championship races :) quite fun!!!! managed do win interlagos with a toyota/prost gp....now i just went a bit further with the challenge and went for a USF1/Arrows.....i dont know what specs are actually active but this car sucks!!! did sepang and almost managed to score a few points on a wet track. Bahrain is proving a lot more difficult.....i canot push with the car....whenever i try to push i end up spinning somewhere ;) Altough sometimes i do achieve a fast lap almost same speed as the guys in front....but doesnt help if i spin every 5 laps :)
By the way, in Sepang it was fun, i had the 4th fastest lap despite the rain...but again, this was not my race pace...not even near :)

I missed this game!!! having a lot of fun....just wanted to have a mod running so i could go for a full championship season :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy