Vipers Cars : Improvements!

Posted by markko 
Vipers Cars : Improvements!
Date: August 31, 2003 11:39AM
Posted by: markko
Hi,

I have greatly enjoyed Vipers works, but I feel I have some issues with his cars that I should bring up. I feel that all front wings look too big or wrong. Also, I believe that most of the cars reflect too much (but this maybe a problem that can fixed by changing some of the settings). Here is a few demonstrations:

And the Renault:

And about the reflections:

I would like to know what other people think. The Williams front wing is also too reflective. If there is a way to reduce the amount of reflection I am getting, please tell.

Does anyone have Michaael Schumachers Ferrari LOD0 for download?

I would also like to know how to make GP4 use only the LOD0. I know it has something to do with the f1graphics.cfg.

Post Edited (08-31-03 19:26)
Re: Vipers Cars : Complaints!
Date: August 31, 2003 11:42AM
Posted by: tux
try do better ureself?

and the reflections is fixed if u turn them to low

Date: August 31, 2003 11:57AM
I told you, I greatly enjoy Vipers work. I am suggesting improvements. I would like to know what other people think.

Date: August 31, 2003 12:02PM
Posted by: Incast
I've also noticed that Michael Schumacher's Ferrari appears to be using the old carshape compared with Rubens' car.

Also if you install anything use the GP4 original order you get 2 copies of the team one for the 2003 slot and one for the original slot. So when you install the Williams it installs in the McLaren and the Williams slot.

It's a bit disappointing considering the cars are of such quality.
Re: Vipers Cars : Suggestions
Date: August 31, 2003 12:08PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I agree with the Renault Front Wing, does look a bit big! Can't really see the differences with McLaren thugh as its side on.

Post Edited (08-31-03 19:47)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 31, 2003 12:08PM
Posted by: Borjaserrano

I think it´s good to contribute to authors to improve his works. The Renault comparison is good... really the real front wing it´s a bit different. I think, McLaren is good.

Date: August 31, 2003 12:09PM
Yup. I used Rubens LOD then relealised that Michael has the number Two on his car.

Date: August 31, 2003 12:13PM
Posted by: ralphi
no ofence markko but try doing this your self..... if it wasn't for viper you wouldn't have these cars..

Date: August 31, 2003 12:16PM
I know! I know! I think it is helpful for Viper @co. to hear improvements, so that they can improve their works furthur.

Post Edited (08-31-03 19:26)
Date: August 31, 2003 12:19PM
Does anyone have an answer for the reflectiveness of my computer?

Re: Vipers Cars : Improvements!
Date: August 31, 2003 12:36PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
Dont know, mines the same, wether on, off low or medium, the mclaren and BAR go all silverish far too much

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Re: Vipers Cars : Improvements
Date: August 31, 2003 12:39PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
viper you wouldn't have these cars

Hold on, Viper isn't the only one doing the grid, Theres also Ghoostrider, Bojan, Wai, Duco, Guyon, BMWFan, Schroder etc. . . . . But I still see your point.

I can see where markko is coming from with the rear wing of the McLaren, it seems kinda angled than smooth, also seems weird how the texture has been duplicated three times,as ytou can't see it on the real pic, Front wing seems fine from that view, and the front wing of the Renault does seem a tad too big.

Still these are very good cars! Bit harsh saying its only Vipers fault, as its mainly Carshape, not really a texture problem. So at least there is a chance of improvement.

There were problems with the Ferrari's front wing at first, but it was sorted in later versions and now looks brilliant!

Don't try and attack markko, as he is a mate of mine, and I know he didn't want to imply it as an attack, hence I suggested to him to change the title from complaints.

Saying things like try and do it yourself isn't fair at all, I'd prefer everyone saying that my sound update had problems and suggesting improvements than them just not saying anything at all, a lot of us cannot carshape or texture, hence we rely on guys like Viper, Bojan, Wai, Ghostrider etc. . . to make brilliant cars for us! and they rely on us back , the GP4 community, to supply suggestions for improvements, without that we wouldn't have cars of this caliber.

So please, don't attack people who just want to suggest imrpovements for the future.

Thanks

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 31, 2003 12:43PM
Thanks Ian for the comments. I agree, when me and Ian made the sound pack, we always said to each other, now lets see what the public think! Its something any developer needs. The more people that help the better the final product will be. We want people to comment and suggest on our works. Infact v1.3 is lacking in updates if anything.

Please read my comments on my intial post, and see my point of view.

Thanks

Date: August 31, 2003 01:05PM
Posted by: Peter Dunham
My only coplaint is that the cars in the ZIP arnt extracted for manual install, the installer seems to screw things up a bit

Refuse to Lose
Date: August 31, 2003 01:09PM
Posted by: ralphi
Peter Dunham wrote:

> My only coplaint is that the cars in the ZIP arnt extracted
> for manual install, the installer seems to screw things up a
> bit
>

that's true....

Date: August 31, 2003 01:11PM
Posted by: jawwad01
this happens because Vipers cars are Monster and needs a Moster Agp card :D :):):)

Date: August 31, 2003 01:23PM
Posted by: Borjaserrano

Any bugs: I install Viper´s Ferrari, Williams, Sauber and Toyota. When I install Toyota at minardi slot, it install in the prost slot too!... and I instal Sauber at original order, and it install in Sauber & BAR both!, and Williams in McLaren & Williams both...

Date: August 31, 2003 01:30PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
I manually installed the mclaren, thats the only car i wanted no trouble. Extracted to a 'new folder' then used gp4 master in the usual way

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: August 31, 2003 02:03PM
Posted by: shatonska
to install how you prefer and where you prefer instead of doing a self extraction istallation you can use winrar select the selfextracting file then exctract it where you want and you get all the files , i ha only to rename the toyota to minardi to get all these cars in the 2002 order (minardi turned to toyota and prost turned to minardi ) remember to rename only the lod not tex
too many reflections depend on graphic settings , and to use only lod0 you have to modify the gp4.exe
no problem with schumacher ferrari for me , i prefer acciari-schroeder renault and sauber to these
ciao
Date: August 31, 2003 02:25PM
Posted by: ayazyounis
how do you install vipers cars as a 2003 car slot?

for example the new mclaren he has just released i want to rename the lods to williams so that it will be in the 3rd slot as 2003 order but viper just has an installer?

how do you do it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy