Need help with using team editor + CSM

Posted by jucksman 
Need help with using team editor + CSM
Date: April 04, 2010 01:03AM
Posted by: jucksman
I hope someone can help me...I've searched the forum but found nothing regarding my difficulty:

I'm building a personal mod (2010) and managed to update everything except for camera positions. Someone told me a while ago that it's possible to edit cameras, helmet positions, steering positions etc using team editor and exporting the settings to CSM.

How do I do this? I positioned the cameras in team editor and saved a cars file in the patch folder in csm, but nothing changes ingame...what else do I have to do in order to implement the changes?

Thanks a lot!
Re: Need help with using team editor + CSM
Date: April 04, 2010 01:42AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Set your positions into TeamEditor. When it is done, click on the apply button, it should work...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: April 04, 2010 01:44AM
When I do this, CSM gives me a message saying I need a "clean" .exe...I thinks there's another method in this case...
Date: April 04, 2010 02:08AM
Posted by: mortal
You need to have gp4tweaker running, and use the tab key to cycle through the modes available, then you can edit camera views ingame.

This in your Globalvars

[tweak_realtime]
AllowChange =1
Name =GP4Tweaker: Real time editing
Name Icon =mod\icons\tweaker.ico
VarCount =2
Var1 =1
VarName1 =Enabled
VarName1 Icon =mod\icons\on.ico
VarPreview1 =mod\images\tweaker_on.jpg
Var2 =0
VarName2 =Disabled
VarName2 Icon =mod\icons\off.ico
VarPreview2 =mod\images\tweaker_off.jpg

This in your swap.ini

[Main]
Format =

[Swapfiles]
File1 =anim\anim.wad,anim.wad
File2 =Gpaedia\GP2001_English.gps,MenuData\PC\GP2001\GP2001_English.gps
File3 =tweaker\gp4tweak.ini,gp4tweak.ini
File4 =tweaker\gp4tweak.dll,gp4tweak.dll
File5 =tweaker\gp4tweak.bin,gp4tweak.bin
File6 =tweaker\gp4tweak_data.ini,gp4tweak_data.bin
File7 =f1graphics.cfg,f1graphics.cfg

[SwapFolder]
Folder1 =Performance,Performance
Folder2 =tweaker\gp4tweak_data,gp4tweak_data
Folder3 =GpxPatch\pnl,gpxpdata\pnl
Folder4 =GpxPatch\snd,gpxpdata\snd

Edit this to suit your mod ok.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 04, 2010 08:21AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Already wrote the solution for you in another thread, here once again:

You are wrong Teameditor can work perfectly with CSM and gp4tweaker at the same time but you have to do a few things to make that happen :-)

Going to give an example but its the same for other things also. For example ARM COLORS. You want to set arm colors in teameditor. Well you open teameditor, you set the arm colors and you SAVE the settings for example armcolors.car (.car) will be the extension given by teameditor !!!

Now to get it working in a CSM mod at the same time other settings are ruled by Tweaker you must DISABLE the arm color settings in Tweaker. Therefore you go to the folder tweaker in your mod and open the gp4tweak.ini file and search for this line:

ArmsColors = 1 ; set to 1 to enable arms color tweak

If its set to 1 then tweaker will rule in the csm mod, if its set on 0 then you'll get default unless you have a .car file then this rule in the csm mod but then only for the options that are disabled in tweaker.

You have to put that .car file in the PATCH folder of your mod thats all ! You have to SAVE your Teameditor changes in a .car file and not PATCH the exe, thats the reason you get the message, clean exe wanted !!!
Date: April 04, 2010 09:55AM
Thanks a lot you all!
It's working perfectly now.

Regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy