Graphical display problem- Horizontal lines [Solved]

Posted by Excalibur 
Hi all:-)

I don't want to pollute the thread "Graphics problems" into GP4 faq until my problem is solved, so:

I have got horizontal lines on the screen when playing GP4. It often appears when I change direction (curves) or when the car shakes (crashes, when the car goes out of the track etc...), well almost everytime the camera change of direction, into the straight lines, it is ok.

I guess it comes from the graphic card configuration but I don't know which settings I have to modify to fix this problem.

My configuration:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64X2 6400+ (3,2Ghz), graphic card: Nvidia 8600GT

This problem also appears sometimes on another games or videos.

Thanks in advance for your help.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2010 03:15PM by Excalibur.
Re: Graphical display problem- Horizontal lines
Date: March 31, 2010 01:27PM
Posted by: mortal
If this appears on other games, it would have to be the graphics card. Have a look at changing the card settings, there should be some sort of control panel for the card. I've changed yr topic header for you. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
could also be due to the monitor.
make a screenshot of the problem, if it appears in the shot it could be the graphics card, if not it's probably the monitor

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: March 31, 2010 02:23PM
Posted by: Excalibur
mortal écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If this appears on other games, it would have to
> be the graphics card. Have a look at changing the
> card settings, there should be some sort of
> control panel for the card. I've changed yr topic
> header for you. :-)

Yes, I think it comes from the main settings on the control panel but the problem is that I don't know which ones I have to modify ;)

@noobinio: Thanks, I will try to catch the problem when it appears and I will post it. About the monitor, I didn't have this problem with my old PC (same monitor and same graphic card).

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: March 31, 2010 03:14PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Ok, problem fixed!

I just had to activate (force) the vertical synchronization into the control panel of the graphic card.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2010 03:16PM by Excalibur.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy